Default Stovepipe

Hi,

I recently purchased a used woodstove for my basement family room. I
am wondering do I need to use some type of thimble or can I just run
the approrpiate lentgh of stovepipe through the 7" diameter hole
already present in my brick chimney to access the flue? I ask becuase
I am having difficulty finding a 7" diameter thimble, they all seem to
be 6" or 8" diameter.

I am anxious to finish the installation, but of course want to be safe.
Please lend any helpful advice.

Happy New Year!

Darn not one response. What is somthing I said, or didn't say for that
matter?

Edwin Pawlowski

wrote in message
oups.com...
Darn not one response. What is somthing I said, or didn't say for that
matter?

All I know is that I have a thimble. Don't know if your method would work
or if it meets code. Unless I know for sure, I'm not going to suggest a
solution.

Pop

A total lack of response usually indicates that no one has any
good information for you. If you said something wrong etc, it's
very highly likely you would have heard about it. I know I've
never come across your situation.

Pop