DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Stovepipe (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/83872-stovepipe.html)

[email protected] December 31st 04 07:31 PM

Stovepipe

Hi,

I recently purchased a used woodstove for my basement family room. I
am wondering do I need to use some type of thimble or can I just run
the approrpiate lentgh of stovepipe through the 7" diameter hole
already present in my brick chimney to access the flue? I ask becuase
I am having difficulty finding a 7" diameter thimble, they all seem to
be 6" or 8" diameter.

I am anxious to finish the installation, but of course want to be safe.
Please lend any helpful advice.

Happy New Year!

[email protected] January 1st 05 03:11 PM

Darn not one response. What is somthing I said, or didn't say for that
matter?

Edwin Pawlowski January 1st 05 03:18 PM

wrote in message
oups.com...
Darn not one response. What is somthing I said, or didn't say for that
matter?

All I know is that I have a thimble. Don't know if your method would work
or if it meets code. Unless I know for sure, I'm not going to suggest a
solution.

Pop January 1st 05 03:26 PM

A total lack of response usually indicates that no one has any
good information for you. If you said something wrong etc, it's
very highly likely you would have heard about it. I know I've
never come across your situation.

Pop