Red Neckerson

Default New Year: Put Christ First

"MilkyWhy" wrote

Put Christ first and foremost this New Year

I lit out from Reno, I was trailed by twenty hounds
Didn't get to sleep last night 'till the morning came around.

Set out runnin' but I take my time
A friend of the devil is a friend of mine
If I get home before daylight, I just might get some sleep tonight.

Ran into the devil, babe, he loaned me twenty bills
I spent the night in Utah in a cave up in the hills.

Set out runnin' but I take my time, a friend of the devil is a friend of
mine,
If I get home before daylight, I just might get some sleep tonight.

I ran down to the levee but the devil caught me there
He took my twenty dollar bill and vanished in the air.

Set out runnin' but I take my time
A friend of the devil is a friend of mine
If I get home before daylight, I just might get some sleep tonight.

Got two reasons why I cry away each lonely night,
The first one's named sweet Anne Marie, and she's my hearts delight.
The second one is prison, babe, the sheriff's on my trail,
And if he catches up with me, I'll spend my life in jail.

Got a wife in Chino, babe, and one in Cherokee
The first one says she's got my child, but it don't look like me.

Set out runnin' but I take my time,
A friend of the devil is a friend of mine,
If I get home before daylight, I just might get some sleep tonight.

JustCallMe Norman

'"MilkyWhy" wrote
Put Christ first and foremost this New Year'

There isnt any better advice than this. 2005 could be the year you
breathe your last. Youll need Christ in your life before you die for a
secure eternity.

Red Neckerson

"JustCallMe Norman" wrote in message
'"MilkyWhy" wrote
Put Christ first and foremost this New Year'

There isnt any better advice than this. 2005 could be the year you
breathe your last. Youll need Christ in your life before you die for a
secure eternity.

In my best Alex Trabek voice

"That's why you need Colonial Penn Life insurance....."

MilkyWhy wrote:
Put Christ first and foremost this New Year

Excuse me, but that's one of the dumbest orders I've heard given.

Vague, simplistic, and meaningless. And, to the wrong person. The
only one you should be directing thus is the one in the mirror.

Otherwise, some may ask that you plug it. Where in the Constitution is
the arbiter of the official morality named?

OTOH, if you concerned yourself first with your dealings with your
fellow-earthlings and the planet, we all might make some progress.

John