pe

Default TV won't stay off

I have a Mitsubishi rear-projection TV that's about 3 years old that has
recently been exhibiting a strange characteristic. Every now and then, when
it's shut off with the "power" button on the remote controller, the set
turns off and then immediately comes back on again. Is symptom just
described a sign that something is failing, or about to fail? I have an
extended warranty that's still in force. Thanks for your replies! PE

Dave Balderstone

In article CNEzd.7961$8e5.2231@fed1read07, pe
wrote:

I have a Mitsubishi rear-projection TV that's about 3 years old that has
recently been exhibiting a strange characteristic. Every now and then, when
it's shut off with the "power" button on the remote controller, the set
turns off and then immediately comes back on again. Is symptom just
described a sign that something is failing, or about to fail? I have an
extended warranty that's still in force. Thanks for your replies! PE

Put a fresh battery in the remote, and don't hold the power button down
too long.

My 46' RCA Rear Projection (4 years old)had a similar glitch. My TV
repairman suggested that I unplug it for a bit, then retry. It worked
well for me. It resets the box presets.....

Dave Gower

"pe" wrote in message
I have a Mitsubishi rear-projection TV that's about 3 years old that has
recently been exhibiting a strange characteristic. Every now and then,
when it's shut off with the "power" button on the remote controller, the
set turns off and then immediately comes back on again. Is symptom just
described a sign that something is failing, or about to fail? I have an
extended warranty that's still in force. Thanks for your replies! PE

I'd suggest posting this message to alt.tv.tech.hdtv. I am an HDTV wannabe
and I've got lots of good info there.

Me

On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 12:02:54 -0800, "pe" wrote:

I have a Mitsubishi rear-projection TV that's about 3 years old that has
recently been exhibiting a strange characteristic. Every now and then, when
it's shut off with the "power" button on the remote controller, the set
turns off and then immediately comes back on again. Is symptom just
described a sign that something is failing, or about to fail? I have an
extended warranty that's still in force. Thanks for your replies! PE

Use your extended warranty. That's why you purchased it right? Let the
pros check it out.
Good luck

Tony Hwang

Me wrote:
On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 12:02:54 -0800, "pe" wrote:

I have a Mitsubishi rear-projection TV that's about 3 years old that has
recently been exhibiting a strange characteristic. Every now and then, when
it's shut off with the "power" button on the remote controller, the set
turns off and then immediately comes back on again. Is symptom just
described a sign that something is failing, or about to fail? I have an
extended warranty that's still in force. Thanks for your replies! PE

Use your extended warranty. That's why you purchased it right? Let the
pros check it out.
Good luck

Hi,
Or if the switch on the TV does not cause problem, you may have sticky
button on the remote control.
Tony

freezer doesn't stay cold---sizzling noise Matt Home Repair 3 November 5th 04 02:42 PM
RADIATORS STAY HOT Andy Pandy UK diy 10 October 1st 04 12:05 AM
Dishwasher Dishes Stay Wet -Help!! Mojogame Home Ownership 3 September 15th 04 10:58 PM
Leaky faucet won't stay fixed! Clinton Bast Home Repair 4 March 5th 04 09:07 PM
How Do You Stay On Track During A Project (to McQualude) charlieb Woodworking 5 July 14th 03 05:57 PM