barry martin

Default Can you help me find spec

I A long time ago I saw a labeling system that I really liked. It was a
I semi-hard plastic tape, with adhesive backing. You would use a special
I device to emboss (?) letters into it, applying pressure. You would
I emboss one letter, then another etc. The tape was extremely sticky and
I could stick to almost anything. Because no paint/dye was used, it
I could survive very harsh environments.
I Any idea where I could find something like this, thanks.

No, but IIRC it was called a Dymo Lablemaker.

-
¯ barry.martinþATþthesafebbs.zeppole.com ®

* Politically Corrections: Hooker = Sexual-Care Provider
---
þ RoseReader 2.52á P003186
þ The Safe BBS þ Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971
---
þ RIMEGate(tm)/RGXMod V1.13 at BBSWORLD *
Terry

"barry martin" wrote in message
news:1856330311.7324.52.6139097.2050406544.RIMEGat ...
I A long time ago I saw a labeling system that I really liked. It was a
I semi-hard plastic tape, with adhesive backing. You would use a special
I device to emboss (?) letters into it, applying pressure. You would
I emboss one letter, then another etc. The tape was extremely sticky and
I could stick to almost anything. Because no paint/dye was used, it
I could survive very harsh environments.
I Any idea where I could find something like this, thanks.

No, but IIRC it was called a Dymo Lablemaker.

I recall it was often referred to as "Dymotape".
Don't know who invented it, but "Dymo" became almost a 'generic' name.
Just did a quick 'Google' on "Dymo Tape" and got 267,000 hits so the product
must still be available?

willshak

On 12/22/2004 11:38 AM US(ET), Terry took fingers to keys, and typed the
following:

"barry martin" wrote in message
news:1856330311.7324.52.6139097.2050406544.RIMEGa ...

I A long time ago I saw a labeling system that I really liked. It was a
I semi-hard plastic tape, with adhesive backing. You would use a special
I device to emboss (?) letters into it, applying pressure. You would
I emboss one letter, then another etc. The tape was extremely sticky and
I could stick to almost anything. Because no paint/dye was used, it
I could survive very harsh environments.
I Any idea where I could find something like this, thanks.

No, but IIRC it was called a Dymo Lablemaker.

I recall it was often referred to as "Dymotape".
Don't know who invented it, but "Dymo" became almost a 'generic' name.
Just did a quick 'Google' on "Dymo Tape" and got 267,000 hits so the product
must still be available?

Dymo is still around, but all of their label making products have gone
hi-tech.
http://global.dymo.com/enUS/Products/default.html

--
Bill

Cannot find cheap compass for scribing... David F. Eisan Woodworking 23 July 16th 04 12:22 AM
Theromstat Spec Marc Jennings UK diy 4 November 11th 03 01:46 PM
How do I find out Warranty service for my Digital Camera? Matthew England Electronics Repair 0 August 5th 03 11:19 PM
Where can I find a replacement resistor? Red Electronics Repair 2 August 1st 03 01:57 AM