Abe

Default Huge lump in kitchen flooring

My wife has also been complaining about an odor in the kitchen, and
said she began to notice it shortly after the flooring was installed.
I have noticed it myself, but I just figured it was the glue he used
to install the flooring.

I am not sure what to do about this lump. Does anyone have any
suggestions what could cause a lump like this, and how to get rid of
it?

------------
I hope you have an extra piece of flooring to insert. It sure sounds
like the obvious, some sort of debris caught under the flooring.

Call an new floorer if you can't get the original guy to come back. It
might a case for small claims court also. Document everything.

Abe

I am not sure what to do about this lump. Does anyone have any
suggestions what could cause a lump like this, and how to get rid of
it?

------------
I hope you have an extra piece of flooring to insert. It sure sounds
like the obvious, some sort of debris caught under the flooring.

Call an new floorer if you can't get the original guy to come back. It
might a case for small claims court also. Document everything.

-----------
Oh, BTW, is fluffy the cat missing?
twfsa

Did you pay by credit card if so dipute the charges.

Tom

wrote in message
A few months ago we had new linoleum installed in our kitchen, The
installed hired a new man that day, and was complaining the whole
morning that the guy was an idiot. and that he was going to fire the
guy, etc. A little before noon the installer had just laid the first
half of the floor, and said he was going out for lunch a little early
because his "idiot assistant" had already gone to lunch without even
asking permission to leave. He seemed quite angry, and told us to
stay off the flooring.

About an hour later he returned and asked if we had seen his
assistant. We told him no, and after muttering a few cus words under
his breath, and continued with the floor by himself. He finished the
floor just before 6pm, without any help, handed us the bill and said
he needed to get home for dinner, or his wife would be upset with him.

We checked the floor and were quite impressed with his work, except
for a rather large lump in the floor, right where we put the kitchen
table. At first we thought it would just go away after the glue
dried, but after a few weeks it was still there. We called the
installer and he said he was real busy but would come in a week or two
and check on it. We got used to it, since it was out of the way under
the table, and just sort of forgot about it during the Thanksgiving
holidays, even though my mother in law managed to trip over it after
Thanksgiving dinner. We have been calling him several times a week
ever since then, but all we have gotten is his answering machine.
Although he did good work, we are a bit angered that he has not yet
come to take care of this lump.

With Christmas coming this week, and the whole family coming, we would
like to do something ourselves to at least reduce the size of that
lump, so my mother in law dont trip on it again. Unless the installer
comes before the end of the week, I see no other option but to do
something myself. The lump is about six feet long and two feet wide.
It sticks up about 14 inches and is sort of shaped like a person. I
tried to jump on it, and found it to be soft but still rather firm.
The floor used to be flat under there, so I can not understand what
could be causing that large lump right under our dinner table.

My wife has also been complaining about an odor in the kitchen, and
said she began to notice it shortly after the flooring was installed.
I have noticed it myself, but I just figured it was the glue he used
to install the flooring.

I am not sure what to do about this lump. Does anyone have any
suggestions what could cause a lump like this, and how to get rid of
it?

Jim Conway

While you have the family there, consider having a buffet dinner, with
the buffet line formed on the lump, and running parallel to the table.
This way after everyone's passed through the buffet line, the lump
should pretty well be flattened. This might work best however, if you
first remove the missing idiot assistant's body first....

Nice try TROLL!

About an hour later he returned and asked if we had seen his

assistant.
..
..
..