beejan

Default Cash Acme EB-600 water/air pressure regulating valve warning

I replaced the subject line item in my house this morning (the old one had
died some time ago and would not reduce the pressure) and noticed a little
waring in the box that the product came in. It reads:
"Warning: This product contains a chemical known to the state of California
to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. Note to
Installer/Contractor: California law requires that this notice be provided
to the consumer/end user of this product."

Any ideas what chemical they are talking about and whether it's level is
high enough to really worry. I am going to contact Cash-Acme and ask them
what is in this product.

Thanks,
Beejan

Speedy Jim

beejan wrote:

I replaced the subject line item in my house this morning (the old one had
died some time ago and would not reduce the pressure) and noticed a little
waring in the box that the product came in. It reads:
"Warning: This product contains a chemical known to the state of California
to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. Note to
Installer/Contractor: California law requires that this notice be provided
to the consumer/end user of this product."

Any ideas what chemical they are talking about and whether it's level is
high enough to really worry. I am going to contact Cash-Acme and ask them
what is in this product.

Thanks,
Beejan

All brass components contain trace amounts of things like lead.
I'm no toxicologist, but I seriously doubt it's anything to worry about.

Jim