MPost

Default Flickering lights

I have some wall sconces that are hooked up to a dimmer switch. When the
switch is completely turned off, the sconces will occasionally flicker on
(very dim) and then off again. Any idea why this might be happening?

Noozer

"MPost" wrote in message
I have some wall sconces that are hooked up to a dimmer switch. When the
switch is completely turned off, the sconces will occasionally flicker on
(very dim) and then off again. Any idea why this might be happening?

Turned off is not the same as turned down. Are you switching them off or
just turning the knob all the way down?

SQLit

"MPost" wrote in message
I have some wall sconces that are hooked up to a dimmer switch. When the
switch is completely turned off, the sconces will occasionally flicker on
(very dim) and then off again. Any idea why this might be happening?

Are they fluorescents? I had some ceiling lights that did that occasionally.
During an remodel I found that there was a shared neutral that was carrying
current and since these were cheaply CF lamps they would flash occasionally.

This is just a WAG

Joseph Meehan

If the prior suggestions did not work or fit, try replacing the dimmer
switch, it may be defective. It should have true off position.

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
"MPost" wrote in message
I have some wall sconces that are hooked up to a dimmer switch. When the
switch is completely turned off, the sconces will occasionally flicker on
(very dim) and then off again. Any idea why this might be happening?

Tony Hwang

MPost wrote:
I have some wall sconces that are hooked up to a dimmer switch. When the
switch is completely turned off, the sconces will occasionally flicker on
(very dim) and then off again. Any idea why this might be happening?

Hi,
I think your dimmer switch is going South.
Tony