Joe-46er

Default Source for broze bearings

I need 4 bronze plain sleeve bearings 5/16" ID X 3/8" OD X 3/8" Deep
for a project. Anybody know a source for them? When I did a google
search, all I got were major manufacturers, import companies, or parts
for hobbies. I guess I'm looking for a giant hardware store on the web
where I can order them. Thanks.

_________________________________

"Take a little 5FU, leucovorin and oxaliplatin for thy stomach's sake." -- 1 Timothy 5:23 (adapted)
George E. Cawthon

Joe-46er wrote:
I need 4 bronze plain sleeve bearings 5/16" ID X 3/8" OD X 3/8" Deep
for a project. Anybody know a source for them? When I did a google
search, all I got were major manufacturers, import companies, or parts
for hobbies. I guess I'm looking for a giant hardware store on the web
where I can order them. Thanks.

_________________________________

"Take a little 5FU, leucovorin and oxaliplatin for thy stomach's sake." -- 1 Timothy 5:23 (adapted)

Try your local ACE hardware. Lowes or HD may also have these.
Tony Hwang

George E. Cawthon wrote:
Joe-46er wrote:

I need 4 bronze plain sleeve bearings 5/16" ID X 3/8" OD X 3/8" Deep
for a project. Anybody know a source for them? When I did a google
search, all I got were major manufacturers, import companies, or parts
for hobbies. I guess I'm looking for a giant hardware store on the web
where I can order them. Thanks.

_________________________________

"Take a little 5FU, leucovorin and oxaliplatin for thy stomach's
sake." -- 1 Timothy 5:23 (adapted)

Try your local ACE hardware. Lowes or HD may also have these.

Hi,
Or bearing store.
Tony
Edwin Pawlowski

"Joe-46er" wrote in message
I need 4 bronze plain sleeve bearings 5/16" ID X 3/8" OD X 3/8" Deep
for a project. Anybody know a source for them? When I did a google
search, all I got were major manufacturers, import companies, or parts
for hobbies. I guess I'm looking for a giant hardware store on the web
where I can order them. Thanks.

Try www.mcmaster.com or look for a bearing supply house.

TURTLE

"Joe-46er" wrote in message
I need 4 bronze plain sleeve bearings 5/16" ID X 3/8" OD X 3/8" Deep
for a project. Anybody know a source for them? When I did a google
search, all I got were major manufacturers, import companies, or parts
for hobbies. I guess I'm looking for a giant hardware store on the web
where I can order them. Thanks.

This is Turtle.

You can go to a bearing place and get anything you want. i use '' Bearings are
Us '' in Alexandria , Louisiana 71463 and they have never not had or could not
get anything I wanted at all. they got cheap 1/8" piller bearings to the 50 ton
6" roller bearings. The one thing about them is they have not got the Dollar
signs in their eyes when talking to you or pricing the bearings. i can just go
by and tell them what type and describe it and they go in the back and come out
with it.

They have got to have a bearing place some where near you.

TURTLE

Joe Bobst

I need 4 bronze plain sleeve bearings 5/16" ID X 3/8" OD X 3/8"

Common item at most electric motor repair shops. They may also have Oilite
bearings if you prefer that. Another common source is any automotive machine
shop. Bronze is often used for valve guides, and one typical valve guide could
be sliced up into the 4 pieces you need. HTH

Joe

Joe-46er

Ed:

Disregard previous. McMaster DID have what I need. THANKS THANKS !!

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 03:50:04 GMT, Joe-46er wrote:

Thanks for the tips, but none of the sites have precisely what I need.
I've already tried every hardware store in Philly to no avail. The
McMaster website is huge! But doesn't have the ID - OD I need. Guess
I'll just keep on looking or pay a machine shop $500 apiece for them.

On 11 Dec 2004 02:17:59 GMT, osspam (Joe Bobst) wrote:

I need 4 bronze plain sleeve bearings 5/16" ID X 3/8" OD X 3/8"

Common item at most electric motor repair shops. They may also have Oilite
bearings if you prefer that. Another common source is any automotive machine
shop. Bronze is often used for valve guides, and one typical valve guide could
be sliced up into the 4 pieces you need. HTH

Joe

"Take a little 5FU, leucovorin and oxaliplatin for thy stomach's sake." -- 1 Timothy 5:23 (adapted)

"Take a little 5FU, leucovorin and oxaliplatin for thy stomach's sake." -- 1 Timothy 5:23 (adapted)

Burke Millrite Spindle Bearings Access Plug Dennis van Dam Metalworking 22 August 3rd 04 06:32 AM
Pearl Harbor Walt LeRoy Metalworking 77 December 15th 03 06:36 AM
Replacing bronze headstock bearings Martin Whybrow Metalworking 7 November 21st 03 07:39 PM
Procedure for repalcing headstock bearings on a Myford? Martin Whybrow Metalworking 0 November 17th 03 12:08 AM