Hugo Drax

Default energy efficient pool pumps??

Is there such a thing, I swapped my old Junker AC with a Carrier Infinity,
put in instant poweron fluorescent lights, swapped out some of the old
ceiling fans and will be swapping out the old fridge and GAS waterheater but
the one thing that uses electricity bigtime is the poolpumps but I cannot
seem to find any good info regarding selecting a good efficient brand. does
such a thing exist?

Greg

People don't realize how much pool pump power is wasted by poor plumbing
design. They do make higher efficiency pumps but the bottom line is you are
still pumping "x" volume against "y" head. Reducing the head allows you to run
the pump less and move the same volume of water..
SQLit

"Hugo Drax" wrote in message
Is there such a thing, I swapped my old Junker AC with a Carrier Infinity,
put in instant poweron fluorescent lights, swapped out some of the old
ceiling fans and will be swapping out the old fridge and GAS waterheater

but
the one thing that uses electricity bigtime is the poolpumps but I cannot
seem to find any good info regarding selecting a good efficient brand.

does
such a thing exist?

I agree with Greg said in his post. Best place to start is knowing what
your motor and pump do. What the amp draw is and what the gallons per minute
are. Then you can consider new equipment. But you will only save an amp or
maybe two, with new equipment. I had a local mom and pop pool supply store
near my home in Tempe that never steered me wrong in all of the 9 years I
had a pool.

I changed my pool cleaning to 16 hours a week in the summer and 8 hours a
week in the winter. Winter time it was so easy to get the pool high on
chlorine and let it sit. I found that the pool was cleaner by turning the
water over for more times than more often.
Storms and other natural occurrences would modify the run time----- longer.

I found that the old standby of running the pump 8 hours every day was
bunk...

ck

"SQLit" wrote in message

"Hugo Drax" wrote in message
[...]

That and good water chemistry. People don't understand the importance of a
balanced pool. You can run the pump less than 8 hours in the winter if the
PH, Alkalinity and Chlorine are at the right levels.