Jeffrey J. Kosowsky

Default Gluing new nap into carpet "bald spots"

There are a couple of small (~1/2 inch diameter) "bald spots" in one
of our carpets.

I was able to easily remove some strands from a spare piece of carpet
that I could then bunch up to fit and match the missing carpet areas.

My only question is what is the best adhesive to use to hold the new
strands in place?
Inspector D

Jeffrey J. Kosowsky wrote:
There are a couple of small (~1/2 inch diameter) "bald spots" in one
of our carpets.

I was able to easily remove some strands from a spare piece of carpet
that I could then bunch up to fit and match the missing carpet areas.

My only question is what is the best adhesive to use to hold the new
strands in place?

Hot melt glue. That is what carpet installers seam the carpet with now
days.
Jeffrey J. Kosowsky

Inspector D writes:
Jeffrey J. Kosowsky wrote:
There are a couple of small (~1/2 inch diameter) "bald spots" in one
of our carpets.
I was able to easily remove some strands from a spare piece of carpet
that I could then bunch up to fit and match the missing carpet areas.
My only question is what is the best adhesive to use to hold the new
strands in place?

Hot melt glue. That is what carpet installers seam the carpet with
now days.

Regular "hobbyist" hot melt glue, or something special for carpets?
HaHaHa

(Jeffrey J. Kosowsky)

There are a couple of small (~1/2 inch diameter) "bald spots" in one
of our carpets.

I was able to easily remove some strands from a spare piece of carpet
that I could then bunch up to fit and match the missing carpet areas.

My only question is what is the best adhesive to use to hold the new
strands in place?

Just move and tell the landlord that carpet is subject to normal wear and tear.
7 years maximum use.

Inspector D

Jeffrey J. Kosowsky wrote:
Inspector D writes:

Jeffrey J. Kosowsky wrote:

There are a couple of small (~1/2 inch diameter) "bald spots" in one
of our carpets.
I was able to easily remove some strands from a spare piece of carpet
that I could then bunch up to fit and match the missing carpet areas.
My only question is what is the best adhesive to use to hold the new
strands in place?

Hot melt glue. That is what carpet installers seam the carpet with
now days.

Regular "hobbyist" hot melt glue, or something special for carpets?

I'm sure it's a special high strength product. I know that there are
many kinds of hot melt glue sticks for many applications. Check at a
store that sells carpet installer supplies. They may have the proper
glue stick for small patch jobs. the seam glue is part of a system that
includes the glue and a fiber woven backing on a paper tape substrate.
It's placed under the seam and a special iron is used to melt the glue
as it slides along the seam. These joints can be streatched against in
a very few minutes. They set fast.
good luck