zxcvbob

Uriah Heep wrote:
Have electric garage heater that I need to provide recepticle for.
the plug is 3 prong and shaped as follows two lower blaces ot 180
degrees and center is a round prong. sort of like this but with the 2
180 degree blades lower than the center round prong _0_ can I
assume the 2 blades are to 120 v + and - legs while the center prong
goes to ground.

applience requires 30 amps of breaker so I will be using 2 15 amp
breakers and a 10 foot run of 10 gage copper.

stan

That sounds like a 15A receptacle. You'll burn it up with that 30A
electric heater. You need two 30A breakers (tied together at the
factory into a single unit), and a 30A plug and receptacle. I would
probably use a 3-wire dryer receptacle, or a 50A welder receptacle even
though they technically not the right ones, because they are adequate
and are easy to find.

Bob

MC

actually sounds like could either be a NEMA 6-15 15A 250V rated plug or the
30A 250V rated plug NEMA 6-30
The only difference is the 15A has smaller blades and the 30A blades are
larger

"zxcvbob" wrote in message
Uriah Heep wrote:
[...]

zxcvbob

MC wrote:
actually sounds like could either be a NEMA 6-15 15A 250V rated plug
or the 30A 250V rated plug NEMA 6-30 The only difference is the 15A
has smaller blades and the 30A blades are larger

So it is. I was thinking the 6-30 had parallel blades and an 'L' shaped
ground. I guess I should have looked it up first.

Bob

Stormin Mormon

I'd suggest checking with an electrician. Two 15's doesn't work for a 30 amp
240 volt circuit. Sounds like you're having a learning moment, here. From
your question, it sounds like you have a lot of learning available to you.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Plug advice Corey Woodworking 9 October 31st 04 11:50 PM
Burke Millrite Spindle Bearings Access Plug Dennis van Dam Metalworking 22 August 3rd 04 06:32 AM
Help Me Pull The Plug Fdmorrison Metalworking 39 February 9th 04 11:33 PM
Plug Strips Jeff Wisnia Home Repair 13 August 30th 03 06:08 AM
Replace Dyson Plug Ade Smith UK diy 2 July 4th 03 05:23 PM