meirman

Default shingling the earth

Is there any reason I shouldn't lay 3-tab shingles over a corner of my
ground. Grass won't grow there anymore, and I don't want weeds, so
since I have a third of a pack of shingles that didn't get used, I
thought I would lay them down there.

Should I instead save them for patching the roof? By the time I had
to patch the old one (~21 years), I needed a new one.

If I grade the little piece of ground a bit, it would also keep water
from seeping down where in the past some dampness has gotten through
the foundation cinder block walls. (the only place this has happened
in 20 years.)

(The roofer cleaned up almost all of the shingles he took off the
roof, but I've noticed wherever some got missed, by them or me, it
killed the grass, of course. Why not take advantage of this property
(and I'm tired of storing the shingles.

Meirman

If emailing, please let me know whether
or not you are posting the same letter.
m Ransley

Send a photo Id like to seee

Michael Baugh

Get rid of the shingles, get some clay dirt, put it in a
bucket with water, stir to make a thick 'soup', pour it
onto the area that's low. Then, after putting down enough
to slope the ground away from the building, seed it and
put down plenty of straw.
And make sure that roof has a massive amount of venting.

meirman wrote in message
[...]

jtees4

The whole Earth? ;-)

NEVER FORGET!!!
http://cf1.newsday.infi.net/911/vict...me.cfm?id=2105

Earth bonding at Consumer Unit. chris French UK diy 20 September 23rd 04 02:56 PM
Down to earth - can you identify tonight's mystery switch gear? John Rumm UK diy 21 April 21st 04 09:23 AM
Generator Grounding PoP UK diy 10 November 13th 03 12:29 PM
Ceiling fan earth Andy Wade UK diy 5 August 11th 03 04:16 PM
Ground to Gas Pipe?? w_tom Home Repair 4 June 23rd 03 09:14 AM