Jbk1469

Default Water filling basement window well

Whenever it rains one of the window wells fills up with water. There are 3
other windows on that side of they wall and they are all fine. The one that I
have a problem with is the one in the corner. I have another window one the
next corner only a few feet away and this is fine also. I know it is coming up
from the bottom and not from the top because I have a well cover and the area
around that stays dry. I've tried digging a little of it up and adding and
repacking more dirt and stones on top to no avail. Of course, this has to
happen in the finished part of the basement and the sump pump is in the exact
opposite end of the basement! Does anyone have a clue as to what it might be?
What I can do? How much will it cost? Thanks to anyone in advance.

willshak

Jbk1469 wrote:

Whenever it rains one of the window wells fills up with water. There are 3
other windows on that side of they wall and they are all fine. The one that I
have a problem with is the one in the corner. I have another window one the
next corner only a few feet away and this is fine also. I know it is coming up
from the bottom and not from the top because I have a well cover and the area
around that stays dry. I've tried digging a little of it up and adding and
repacking more dirt and stones on top to no avail. Of course, this has to
happen in the finished part of the basement and the sump pump is in the exact
opposite end of the basement! Does anyone have a clue as to what it might be?
What I can do? How much will it cost? Thanks to anyone in advance.

Is the gutter downspout nearby?
If so, redirect it somewhere else or use a flexible drain hose on the
end to have it dump further from the house.