rosie readandpost

Default closing indoor pool

we are thinking about moving out of this house (we own two) and i
need suggestions on closing up an indoor pool.
(reducing utility bills, until its sold)

any suggestions?
links that will help?

thanks, you folks are terrific!

rosie readandpost

yes, we are sure.

--
the RNC is at it again!
http://www.truthout.org/docs_04/102804Z.shtml

"ronm" wrote in message
: are you sure you want to do that? Ask your agent. It might be
easier to sell
: if prospective buyers can be sure pool is operational.
:
: " rosie readandpost" wrote in
message
: ...
: we are thinking about moving out of this house (we own two) and
: need suggestions on closing up an indoor pool.
: (reducing utility bills, until its sold)
:
: any suggestions?
: links that will help?
:
: thanks, you folks are terrific!
:
:
:
:

Chris Lewis

According to rosie readandpost :
yes, we are sure.

If you're not expecting the pool to freeze, I would think all you'd
need to do with an indoor pool is turn off the heater
(if any), put a cover on it, set the timer on the recirculating
pump to be as short as possible (half an hour per day maybe), and
check it every couple of weeks to make sure the injector
still has chlorine (or bromine or whatever it is).

The cover will reduce the chlorine loss.

With the pool heat off, and a very short pump cycle, it'd probably
be a few pennies per day. Which is a small price to pay to
make sure that the pool is _obviously_ in good condition for
a new buyer, and only needs the heat turned on.

If you're expecting the pool to freeze, hire a pro, because the
pool is likely not safe to simply drain _or_ let freeze.
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est
Chet Hayes

"ronm" wrote in message
: are you sure you want to do that? Ask your agent. It might be
easier to sell
: if prospective buyers can be sure pool is operational.
:
: " rosie readandpost" wrote in
message
: ...
: we are thinking about moving out of this house (we own two) and
: need suggestions on closing up an indoor pool.
: (reducing utility bills, until its sold)
:
: any suggestions?
: links that will help?
:
: thanks, you folks are terrific!
:
:
:
:

Why don't you fill it with those 58,000 absentee ballots. That should
make it real attractive to a prospective buyer. Only a moron would
close an indoor pool to save a few bucks while trying to sell a house.