ClaudCar

Default Pump Needed

In a lack of forward thinking I have placed my hot tub behind the pond on my
patio and therefore have no way to drain the hot tub - as I am sure the pond
wouldn't like the hot water or the peroxide based chemicals I use in it. So
I need recommendations for a pump or other alternative to remove the water
from the spa to the storm drain across the pond and through the grass and
over the walkway. AND NO I am not going to deal with the hose siphon set
up - as I get older I have less patience for that set up. :-)

--
Totus Tuus
Claudia (take out no spam to reply)

Charles Spitzer

"ClaudCar" wrote in message
In a lack of forward thinking I have placed my hot tub behind the pond on
my
patio and therefore have no way to drain the hot tub - as I am sure the
pond
wouldn't like the hot water or the peroxide based chemicals I use in it.
So
I need recommendations for a pump or other alternative to remove the water
from the spa to the storm drain across the pond and through the grass and
over the walkway. AND NO I am not going to deal with the hose siphon set
up - as I get older I have less patience for that set up. :-)

--
Totus Tuus
Claudia (take out no spam to reply)

you can get a drill attachment that is a self priming pump head. hooks up to
standard hoses. try sears.

submersible pond pump.

Richard J Kinch

ClaudCar writes:

In a lack of forward thinking I have placed my hot tub behind the pond
on my patio and therefore have no way to drain the hot tub - as I am
sure the pond wouldn't like the hot water or the peroxide based
chemicals I use in it. So I need recommendations for a pump or other
alternative to remove the water from the spa to the storm drain across
the pond and through the grass and over the walkway.

A proper installation should be plumbed to discharge to waste from the spa
pump. Fix it if you don't have that.

Some jurisdictions consider this sanitary waste and do not permit wasting
to lawns or storm drains.
ClaudCar

it is a portable, not a fixed installation. altho now that I am thinking
about it, it would be easier to run it into the kitchen sink anyway! thanks

--
______________________
Claudia
"Richard J Kinch" wrote in message A proper
installation should be plumbed to discharge to waste from the spa
pump. Fix it if you don't have that.

Some jurisdictions consider this sanitary waste and do not permit wasting
to lawns or storm drains.

ClaudCar

OK, HD has a Little Giant - thank you all for "pointing" me in the right
direction. What would my life be like without alt.home.repair? (rhetorical
question) ;-0

--
______________________
Claudia

Terry

"What would my life be like without alt.home.repair?"
(rhetorical question) ;-0
______________________
Claudia

Claudia:
May I suggest? "Dull, uninspired, lacking advice, unguided, possibly
unsafe, more expensive, time wasting etc. etc. .... "! :-)
It's the two heads (or more) are better than one, eh?
With thanks to all who suggest/comment/assist posters of questions to this
group.
Terry
PS. Even when we misunderstand the question (never deliberately of course!)
we do our best. Although occasionally we do jest, a little! Have fun.

TURTLE

"ClaudCar" wrote in message
In a lack of forward thinking I have placed my hot tub behind the pond on my
patio and therefore have no way to drain the hot tub - as I am sure the pond
wouldn't like the hot water or the peroxide based chemicals I use in it. So
I need recommendations for a pump or other alternative to remove the water
from the spa to the storm drain across the pond and through the grass and
over the walkway. AND NO I am not going to deal with the hose siphon set
up - as I get older I have less patience for that set up. :-)

--
Totus Tuus
Claudia (take out no spam to reply)

This is Turtle.

Harbor Freight has a 1.5 horse power self priming motor & pump 15 gal. a minute
rate for water for pond to pumpnig of water for $79.00 .

TURTLE

Chet Hayes

"ClaudCar" wrote in message news:bPgdd.3523$7d7.1479@trnddc04...
OK, HD has a Little Giant - thank you all for "pointing" me in the right
direction. What would my life be like without alt.home.repair? (rhetorical
question) ;-0

Go to your local pool supply shop and ask for a pool cover pump. They
are a small pump designed to pump water off of pool covers, are
submersible and will pump down to maybe 1/2 inch of water. You
connect a garden hose to it, plug it in a 120V outlet and place it in
the bottom of the spa.