barry martin

Default Water Pressure Increase?

JennK:

J Probably an often asked question, but my house is on public water and the
J pressure is very poor. There is a noticeable drop when more than one fauce

J is on, however it's still useable. This is a nuisance and I was wondering
J what I can do to fix this. Specifically I need to fix the supply to the
J shower, which is driving me insane. Somebody recommended I upgrade these
J pipes to a larger diameter wherever they are visible. Will this work even
J though there will still be "bottlenecks"?

Another possibility which I did not see mentioned was the main
shut-off at the water meter may not be open fully. If the valve
doesn't turn relatively easily spray a little WD-40 onthe stem and let
soak for several hours or overnight. ("Spray" is probably not the way
to do it: partially depress the valve on the can and let a few drops
drip out.)

Increasing the house pipe diameter probably won't do much good as you
also need to have the supply pipe from the street increased. OTOH if
the house pipes are clogged then replacing the pipes will effectively
increase the diameters.

-
¯ barry.martinþATþthesafebbs.zeppole.com ®

* Senior Hits! Paul Simon - "Fifty Ways To Lose Your Liver"
---
þ RoseReader 2.52á P003186
þ The Safe BBS þ Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971
---
þ RIMEGate(tm)/RGXMod V1.13 at BBSWORLD *
Playintennis5274

first, is every faucet including outside ones low on pressure ? and how about
hot water ? if only some of the outlets are low, i would bet you have some
rocks stuck behind the valves. I had that happen and i removed the valve and
stuck my air nozzle in the pipe and blew them out. iif all your outlets are low
just get a booster pump for 150.00 that will bring the pressure up.