Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Jay Chan

Default Any Source to Buy Conductive Anti-Seize Compound?

I would like to know where I can find conductive anti-seize compound.
Then I can use it to re-secure an anode rod on a water-heater. None of
the home center or plumbing supply stores in my area carry anti-seize
compound conductive or non-conductive. The only place that I can find
anti-seize compound is in an auto-supply store but it doesn't seem to
be conductive (they use anti-seize compound on spark plugs; therefore
conductive anti-seize compound probably is not a good idea). Seem like
I should mail order it from internet.

I find in internet something called a "Copper Based Anti-Seize
Compound". But it doesn't say whether it is conductive, nor how much %
of copper it has. I am under the impression from reading in this
newsgroup that I should get anti-seize compound that has 80% copper.
Without knowing the % of copper in it. I hesitate to order it.

I also find in internet something called "Arrow 09 Copper Anti-Seize
Grease" from Arrow Engineering. It is fully conductive according to
the product specification. It says it is lead-free and is great for
petrochemical industrial for oil piping. But it doesn't say if it is
safe to use with residential drinking water supply.

Please help me to find a source of a conductive anti-seize compound
for securing anode rod in a water heater.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Jay Chan