Jay Chan

Why wouldn't a spark plug need a conductive anti-sieze compound? It goes
between the plug threads and the block.
The never-sieze compound is good stuff. The plugs in my motorcycles and
outboards seem to conduct fine.

I read some articles in the web saying that conductive anti-seize
compound on spark plug may come in contact with the electrical
compound in the spark plug and cause some misfire or something...
(sound like an operator error) I am not sure if this is true or not. I
am just repeating what I came across in the web.

I doubt you could really find any compound that would prevent threaded
fittings from conducting anyway. There will always be significant metal
to metal contact. The anti-sieze is to fill the microscopic voids where
corrosion grows.

Yours is a very good point. Seem like I am better off simply use
regular teflon tape, and wrap the thread 3/4 way and leave 1/4 to have
solid contact. Good to know this. Thanks.

Jay Chan