Filipo

Default Larger Kerosene Tank Portable Heater

I am looking for ideas on how to more efficiently refill my portable
kerosene heater in winter. I have one of those Kerosun or Toyo heaters
with a small, 1 gallon or so rectangular kerosene tank with a wire
handle that you have to lift out every so often to refill. The only
problem is a full tank only lasts 2 evenings at most, then I have to
pull the tank out, take it to the freezing garage, open the spout,
lift a heavy 5-gallon kerosene container, refill it through the small
opening until it tops off.

I find this too much of a hassle. My idea is to have 2 of these small
tanks, 1 in use while 2 is being refilled. In addition, I need a 10 or
20-gallon or so kerosene container with a faucet or some other
convenient dispensing mechanism that I can keep in the basement, and
refilling is just a matter of turning the spigot on instead of having
to lift a heavy 5-gallon container and spilling the contents trying to
target the small hole. I would appreciate any ideas on how best to
handle this with the least amount of going back and forth between the
heater and the fuel source. Thanks much.
Greg

Look into one of those roll around tanks people use to refuel boats.
ceraboy

Filipo wrote:

[...]

Get yourself an electric syphon. They are made specifically for
pumping kerosene and make the filling process quite effortless. I
bought mine for $10 at Wal-mart.