Filipo

Default Larger Kerosene Tank Portable Heater

I am looking for ideas on how to more efficiently refill my portable
kerosene heater in winter. I have one of those Kerosun or Toyo heaters
with a small, 1 gallon or so rectangular kerosene tank with a wire
handle that you have to lift out every so often to refill. The only
problem is a full tank only lasts 2 evenings at most, then I have to
pull the tank out, take it to the freezing garage, open the spout,
lift a heavy 5-gallon kerosene container, refill it through the small
opening until it tops off.

I find this too much of a hassle. My idea is to have 2 of these small
tanks, 1 in use while 2 is being refilled. In addition, I need a 10 or
20-gallon or so kerosene container with a faucet or some other
convenient dispensing mechanism that I can keep in the basement, and
refilling is just a matter of turning the spigot on instead of having
to lift a heavy 5-gallon container and spilling the contents trying to
target the small hole. I would appreciate any ideas on how best to
handle this with the least amount of going back and forth between the
heater and the fuel source. Thanks much.