raymondj

Default Best Gel Stain?

I want to stain a fiberglass entry door. Who makes the best gel stain
and/or topcoat.

I am thinking a spar urethane or Sikkens TGL (which is basically a
spar urethane as far as I can tell.)

Thanks.
fran

I like Bartley's Gel Varnish. Comes in various stains. Does say it's
for interior use only. Forgive my confusion, but I thought the only
thing you could do with fiberglass is paint it?

On 14 Sep 2004 11:06:54 -0700, (raymondj) wrote:

I want to stain a fiberglass entry door. Who makes the best gel stain
and/or topcoat.

I am thinking a spar urethane or Sikkens TGL (which is basically a
spar urethane as far as I can tell.)

Thanks.

raymondj

What I have is a Pella "carbonite" door which is fiberglass. Pella
sells a gel stain kit, etc for this type of door.

I've heard of people using gel stain on metal.

Interior type varnish on an outside door would last about one winter
or summer season.

fran wrote in message . ..
I like Bartley's Gel Varnish. Comes in various stains. Does say it's
for interior use only. Forgive my confusion, but I thought the only
thing you could do with fiberglass is paint it?

On 14 Sep 2004 11:06:54 -0700, (raymondj) wrote:

I want to stain a fiberglass entry door. Who makes the best gel stain
and/or topcoat.

I am thinking a spar urethane or Sikkens TGL (which is basically a
spar urethane as far as I can tell.)

Thanks.

Will solid stain cover old stain on a deck? Mike in DE. Home Repair 1 September 7th 04 08:17 PM
Problem w/ uneven stain davidmc Woodworking 1 August 6th 04 04:35 PM
stain or knot? David Woodworking 3 August 4th 04 03:41 AM
Deck stain. Recommendation? kristen Home Ownership 5 April 14th 04 05:17 PM