Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sledge hammer mole eradication method

Bought some traps. At first had some luck, then less and less. Now trying the sledge hammer method. So far some success.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/3/2021 12:11 PM, Davej wrote:
Bought some traps. At first had some luck, then less and less. Now trying the sledge hammer method. So far some success.

It has been year but poison in tunnels that generated phosphine wiped
out the moles in my yard. I see other poisons are available but don't
know if they work as well. Rule of thumb is if something works well EPA
will ban it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , "frank says...

It has been year but poison in tunnels that generated phosphine wiped
out the moles in my yard. I see other poisons are available but don't
know if they work as well. Rule of thumb is if something works well EPA
will ban it.

Do you think that putting Clorx and Ammonia mix in the hole to generate
gas would be effective on the moles ?

Just about all the good working stuff is band by the EPA or some other
agency.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 06/03/2021 11:03 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article , "frank says...

It has been year but poison in tunnels that generated phosphine wiped
out the moles in my yard. I see other poisons are available but don't
know if they work as well. Rule of thumb is if something works well EPA
will ban it.

Do you think that putting Clorx and Ammonia mix in the hole to generate
gas would be effective on the moles ?

https://www.wired.com/2008/06/japanese-websit/

https://www.firehouse.com/rescue/art...hold-chemicals

Hydrogen sulfide is heavier than air so it should work fine. Try not to
kill yourself or the neighbors.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/3/2021 1:03 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article , "frank says...

It has been year but poison in tunnels that generated phosphine wiped
out the moles in my yard. I see other poisons are available but don't
know if they work as well. Rule of thumb is if something works well EPA
will ban it.

Do you think that putting Clorx and Ammonia mix in the hole to generate
gas would be effective on the moles ?

Just about all the good working stuff is band by the EPA or some other
agency.

Even as a chemist, I would not mess with that cloramines stink and would
drive moles away and di and tricloramine could explode.

As I wrote, I see there are poisons but do not know if they are as
effective but would give them a try. Zinc or aluminum phosphide
generated phosphine in the moles stomach and moisture in the soil also
generated it in the tunnel and it is super toxic. Google gave this hit:

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/water-...ry?id=44526042

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 08:09:19 -0600, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

On 06/03/2021 11:03 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article , "frank says...

It has been year but poison in tunnels that generated phosphine wiped
out the moles in my yard. I see other poisons are available but don't
know if they work as well. Rule of thumb is if something works well EPA
will ban it.

Do you think that putting Clorx and Ammonia mix in the hole to generate
gas would be effective on the moles ?

https://www.wired.com/2008/06/japanese-websit/

https://www.firehouse.com/rescue/art...hold-chemicals

Hydrogen sulfide is heavier than air so it should work fine. Try not to
kill yourself or the neighbors.

Thanks for that. I used to be the bells and smells guy because I had a good
sniffer. Pack up guys-on every call!

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/4/2021 4:08 PM, Tekkie� wrote:

On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 08:09:19 -0600, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

On 06/03/2021 11:03 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article , "frank says...

It has been year but poison in tunnels that generated phosphine wiped
out the moles in my yard. I see other poisons are available but don't
know if they work as well. Rule of thumb is if something works well EPA
will ban it.

Do you think that putting Clorx and Ammonia mix in the hole to generate
gas would be effective on the moles ?

https://www.wired.com/2008/06/japanese-websit/

https://www.firehouse.com/rescue/art...hold-chemicals

Hydrogen sulfide is heavier than air so it should work fine. Try not to
kill yourself or the neighbors.

Thanks for that. I used to be the bells and smells guy because I had a good
sniffer. Pack up guys-on every call!

I got rid of a groundhog once by pouring chloroform in his hole. Guy
that recommended it said groundhog would crawl in and go permanently to
sleep.

A former neighbor had a small chemical company and got a good whiff of
hydrogen sulfide and ran outside to fresh air where he collapsed. He
told me that it almost killed him.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 19:03:49 -0400, Frank posted for all of us to digest...

[...]

Back when I was a FF the only meter we had was for nat gas which was
unreliable... The smell of manure is more prevalent around here.

--
Tekkie