Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Amana Microwave tripping house breaker

Trips house breaker when open or close door. I didn't try anything more. Model # EI30MO45GSA

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...r-3121873-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, May 27, 2021 at 3:31:28 PM UTC-5, Robert wrote:
Trips house breaker when open or close door. I didn't try anything more. Model # EI30MO45GSA

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...r-3121873-.htm

A quick look suggests a door switch might be the problem.
https://www.applianceblog.com/mainforums/threads/ei30mo45gsa-no-power-thermal-cutoff-blown-cause.63419/
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, May 27, 2021 at 3:55:38 PM UTC-5, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On Thursday, May 27, 2021 at 3:31:28 PM UTC-5, Robert wrote:
Trips house breaker when open or close door. I didn't try anything more. Model # EI30MO45GSA

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...r-3121873-.htm

A quick look suggests a door switch might be the problem.
https://www.applianceblog.com/mainforums/threads/ei30mo45gsa-no-power-thermal-cutoff-blown-cause.63419/

More he
https://www.searspartsdirect.com/model/2i3viegtaa-001412/electrolux-ei30mo45gsa-built-in-microwave-parts
Posted to alt.home.repair

Likely a wire inside the unit has worn thru and is shorting. Or a piece of metal has fallen across some internal connection. You need someone experienced in troubleshooting electric appliances to open unit and investigate. Or just replace it.

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...r-3121873-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 27 May 2021 13:55:34 -0700 (PDT), Dean
Hoffman wrote:

On Thursday, May 27, 2021 at 3:31:28 PM UTC-5, Robert wrote:
Trips house breaker when open or close door. I didn't try anything more. Model # EI30MO45GSA

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...r-3121873-.htm

A quick look suggests a door switch might be the problem.
https://www.applianceblog.com/mainforums/threads/ei30mo45gsa-no-power-thermal-cutoff-blown-cause.63419/

For safety reasons there are 3 (or 4?) door switches on microwaves, to
be sure to turn off the radiation when you open the door, so I suppose
it could be any one of them. Important not to open the microwave cage
because if don't put it together again right that will leak radiation,
but these switches shouldn'tbe anywhere near the microwave cage. You
can take th cover off the whole box and look for the switches.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Hoffman wrote:

On Thursday, May 27, 2021 at 3:31:28 PM UTC-5, Robert wrote:
Trips house breaker when open or close door. I didn't try anything more. Model # EI30MO45GSA

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...r-3121873-.htm

A quick look suggests a door switch might be the problem.
https://www.applianceblog.com/mainforums/threads/ei30mo45gsa-no-power-thermal-cutoff-blown-cause.63419/

For safety reasons there are 3 (or 4?) door switches on microwaves, to
be sure to turn off the radiation when you open the door, so I suppose
it could be any one of them. Important not to open the microwave cage
because if don't put it together again right that will leak radiation,
but these switches shouldn'tbe anywhere near the microwave cage. You
can take th cover off the whole box and look for the switches.

Something wrong with the powere iput of the microwave if it blows
the house fuse without blowing the internal pretection fuse and almost
100% NOT a soor switch problem. I would suspect the EMI protection
(noise filter) device where the power cord enters the case. It is the
only part NOT protected by the in case fuse according to the wiring
fiagram and a LOT of experience with microwave ovens from many
different suppliers.

That "amana" appears to be proiduced by electrolux?
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/10...page=40#manual