Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Amana Microwave tripping house breaker

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 27 May 2021 13:55:34 -0700 (PDT), Dean
Hoffman wrote:

On Thursday, May 27, 2021 at 3:31:28 PM UTC-5, Robert wrote:
Trips house breaker when open or close door. I didn't try anything more. Model # EI30MO45GSA

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...r-3121873-.htm

A quick look suggests a door switch might be the problem.
https://www.applianceblog.com/mainforums/threads/ei30mo45gsa-no-power-thermal-cutoff-blown-cause.63419/

For safety reasons there are 3 (or 4?) door switches on microwaves, to
be sure to turn off the radiation when you open the door, so I suppose
it could be any one of them. Important not to open the microwave cage
because if don't put it together again right that will leak radiation,
but these switches shouldn'tbe anywhere near the microwave cage. You
can take th cover off the whole box and look for the switches.