Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT. Tesla Ditching Radar

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/25/tesla-ditching-radar-for-autopilot-in-model-3-model-y.html
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/26/2021 1:24 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/25/tesla-ditching-radar-for-autopilot-in-model-3-model-y.html

I sometimes get concerned and recall a comment that if cars were like
computers they would probably crash every few days.

One of the problem with cars and all machines for that matter is that
they are crashing more often because of all the computerized crap in them.

We are finalizing an issue like that right now with an electric stove
that has become a money pit after only two years. Company and dealer
are replacing all the electronic for us at minimal cost.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Dean Hoffman wrote

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/25/tesla-ditching-radar-for-autopilot-in-model-3-model-y.html

Going to be interesting to see how they keep the camera clean enough.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Frank "frank wrote
Dean Hoffman wrote

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/25/tesla-ditching-radar-for-autopilot-in-model-3-model-y.html

I sometimes get concerned and recall a comment that if cars were like
computers they would probably crash every few days.

The computers in my car havent crashed even once in 13 years.

Thats mindless bull**** too.

We are finalizing an issue like that right now with an electric stove that
has become a money pit after only two years. Company and dealer are
replacing all the electronic for us at minimal cost.

Doesnt happen with cars very often at all.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 27 May 2021 05:31:42 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Dean Hoffman wrote

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/25/tesla-ditching-radar-for-autopilot-in-model-3-model-y.html

Going to be interesting to see how they keep the camera clean enough.

Would be even more interesting to see how long it will still take you until
you swallow your Nembutal, senile bigmouth!

--
Richard addressing senile Rodent Speed:
MID:

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/26/2021 1:44 PM, Frank wrote:
On 5/26/2021 1:24 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/25/tesla-ditching-radar-for-autopilot-in-model-3-model-y.html

I sometimes get concerned and recall a comment that if cars were like
computers they would probably crash every few days.

One of the problem with cars and all machines for that matter is that
they are crashing more often because of all the computerized crap in them.

We are finalizing an issue like that right now with an electric stove
that has become a money pit after only two years.Â* Company and dealer
are replacing all the electronic for us at minimal cost.

I'm active on an auto forum. Unlike may years ago, no one need a ring
job these day but the amount of electronics issues is amazing. Far more
than mechanical.

Not sure how much blame goes to the car makers as opposed to the
consumer. Car buyers want all the goodies. Many questions are about
why my album art from Spotify does not show on the screen, why can't I
have wireless CarPlay. This model sucks, I have to touch the button on
the handle to unlock the doors. Why can't it unlock when I approach?

Some of it is nifty but we lost track of the main use of a car,
transportation. It has to be an entertainment center too.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/26/2021 12:52 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/26/2021 1:44 PM, Frank wrote:
On 5/26/2021 1:24 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/25/tesla-ditching-radar-for-autopilot-in-model-3-model-y.html

I sometimes get concerned and recall a comment that if cars were like
computers they would probably crash every few days.

One of the problem with cars and all machines for that matter is that
they are crashing more often because of all the computerized crap in
them.

We are finalizing an issue like that right now with an electric stove
that has become a money pit after only two years.Â* Company and dealer
are replacing all the electronic for us at minimal cost.

I'm active on an auto forum.Â* Unlike may years ago, no one need a ring
job these day but the amount of electronics issues is amazing.Â* Far more
than mechanical.

Not sure how much blame goes to the car makers as opposed to the
consumer.Â* Car buyers want all the goodies.Â* Many questions are about
why my album art from Spotify does not show on the screen, why can't I
have wireless CarPlay.Â* This model sucks, I have to touch the button on
the handle to unlock the doors.Â* Why can't it unlock when I approach?

Some of it is nifty but we lost track of the main use of a car,
transportation.Â* It has to be an entertainment center too.

I had the experience of driving a car on a wide snowy curve that decided
I was skidding and slamming on the left brakes of the car, causing it to
swerve into the opposing lane. I hate "bugs" like that.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 26 May 2021 10:24:11 -0700 (PDT), Dean Hoffman posted for all of us to
digest...

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/25/tesla-ditching-radar-for-autopilot-in-model-3-model-y.html

I wonder how much this has to do with the chip shortage. The article alludes to
it takes more processing power with radar.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default More Heavy Trolling by the Nym-Shifting Senile Australian Pest!

On Thu, 27 May 2021 05:37:41 +1000, The Two Brain Dead Inseparable Trolling
Resident Sociopaths together again

"Who or What is Rod Speed?

man" on the InterNet."
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/25/tesla-ditching-radar-for-autopilot-in-model-3-model-y.html

Which one got blamed for not seeing the tractor trailer?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 26 May 2021 13:44:45 -0400, Frank "frank wrote:

One of the problem with cars and all machines for that matter is that
they are crashing more often because of all the computerized crap in them.

Gives a whole new meaning to the "Blue Screen Of Death" doesn't it?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 26 May 2021 15:52:34 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

[...]

These cars have been built on the assumption that you never have a bad
battery.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/26/2021 3:37 PM, Rod Speed wrote:
Frank "frank wrote
Dean Hoffman wrote

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/25/tesla-ditching-radar-for-autopilot-in-model-3-model-y.html

I sometimes get concerned and recall a comment that if cars were like
computers they would probably crash every few days.

The computers in my car havent crashed even once in 13 years.

One of the problem with cars and all machines for that matter is that
they are crashing more often because of all the computerized crap in
them.

Thats mindless bull**** too.

We are finalizing an issue like that right now with an electric stove
that has become a money pit after only two years.Â* Company and dealer
are replacing all the electronic for us at minimal cost.

Doesnt happen with cars very often at all.

You seem to be working hard to get in my kill file but every now and
then you dementia recedes and you say something useful but not now.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Tekkie© writes:

On Wed, 26 May 2021 10:24:11 -0700 (PDT), Dean Hoffman posted for all of us to
digest...

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/25/tesla-ditching-radar-for-autopilot-in-model-3-model-y.html

I wonder how much this has to do with the chip shortage. The article alludes to
it takes more processing power with radar.

Do you doubt the reasons presented? Musk believes that video is better,
and Tesla is exploring LIDAR (where sensors are $500 each).
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
[...]

Nope, they still work fine. The most you might well have to
do is use the physical key to get inside the car if it is locked.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Frank" "frank wrote in message
[...]

I couldnt care less what fools like you do or do not read.

but every now and then you dementia recedes and you say something useful
but not now.

You never could bull**** your way out of a wet paper bag.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 27 May 2021 13:51:13 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 27 May 2021 13:51:13 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
[...]

If the battery is really dead (open cell or something) there is no
jump starting it (pushing it or rolling down a hill). You might get
enough juice from the alternator to fire the plugs but the HP fuel
pump is probably pressurizing the rail and the ECM may still be dead.

Even a weak battery is troubling because the first things these cars
do when you hit the clicker is turn on all the lights. That is not
helpful if you are hoping for that one little bump over to get going
before it is completely dead..

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
On Thu, 27 May 2021 13:51:13 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

. ..

Bull****.

Even a weak battery is troubling because the first things these
cars do when you hit the clicker is turn on all the lights.

Mine isnt that stupid. But then its not a stupid yank tank.

That is not helpful if you are hoping for that one little
bump over to get going before it is completely dead..

Trivially fixed with a jump starter or jumper leads.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 28 May 2021 09:04:12 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent