DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   well tank problem (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/686238-well-tank-problem.html)

Ralph Mowery[_3_] April 22nd 21 06:18 PM

well tank problem

I have a well that has an above ground pump. There is a bladder tank
that holds about 2 to 3 gallons of water. Lately I noticed the water
pressure cycling too much, like about 3 times in the time it takes to
fill a one gallon jug.

Checked the bladder tank and the pressure at the tank was about 60 psi.
Cut the well pump off and drained the pipes to the house. Then let air
out of the tank to the recommended 2 psi below the cut in pressure
switch to about 38 PSI. Worked better for a day or so. Then noticed
the short cycling again. Cut well pump off and drained water pipes.
The bladder tank was back up to almost 60 psi. I have done this several
time.

Just how is that bladder tank making air ? There does not seem to be
any water comming out of the air valve at the top of the tank that
normally the bladder keeps the water out of. Looks like I should be
getting water out of the valve if the bladder has a hole in it.

Frank[_24_] April 22nd 21 06:27 PM

well tank problem

On 4/22/2021 1:18 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:

[...]

I'm not sure but thought you had to add air to bladder in tank. Also
sounds like a very small tank. I've had to have my tanks replaced about
every 10 years - the last one even though it seemed OK.

Ralph Mowery[_3_] April 22nd 21 06:34 PM

well tank problem

In article , "frank says...

I'm not sure but thought you had to add air to bladder in tank. Also
sounds like a very small tank. I've had to have my tanks replaced about
every 10 years - the last one even though it seemed OK.

Normally The tank should not gain or loose air. If anything it may leak
out a small ammount of air just like your car tires.

I just can not undrestand why I have to let air out to matain the 38 psi
with the pump off and the water pipes open.

It would be similar to having to let air out of your car tires just to
matain the normal pressure.

That tank is somewhere around 5 years old.
I am not sure how much it should hold, but the tank is about 3 to 4 feet
tall and a foot and a half in diameter.

Frank[_24_] April 22nd 21 11:40 PM

well tank problem

On 4/22/2021 1:34 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article , "frank says...

I'm not sure but thought you had to add air to bladder in tank. Also
sounds like a very small tank. I've had to have my tanks replaced about
every 10 years - the last one even though it seemed OK.

Normally The tank should not gain or loose air. If anything it may leak
out a small ammount of air just like your car tires.

I just can not undrestand why I have to let air out to matain the 38 psi
with the pump off and the water pipes open.

It would be similar to having to let air out of your car tires just to
matain the normal pressure.

That tank is somewhere around 5 years old.
I am not sure how much it should hold, but the tank is about 3 to 4 feet
tall and a foot and a half in diameter.

That is not as small as I thought. I think my old ones were that size
but newer is bigger. I never had to deal with putting air in and once
checked measured OK.

Ralph Mowery[_3_] April 22nd 21 11:54 PM

well tank problem

In article , "frank says...

That is not as small as I thought. I think my old ones were that size
but newer is bigger. I never had to deal with putting air in and once
checked measured OK.

I think this tank is suppose to hold about 3 to 4 gallons of water.
There was one about half this size or smaller when I bought the house
about 15 years ago. It went bad, but the bladder had burst or had a
hole in it as water would come out of the air valve at the top when the
stem was depressed.

So far this tank has not put out any water through the air valve so I am
thinking the bladder should be ok. I can see adding air due to slow
leaks over a number of years, but can not see how in a day or two it can
gain air.

[email protected] April 23rd 21 12:58 AM

well tank problem

On Thu, 22 Apr 2021 18:54:56 -0400, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article , "frank says...

That is not as small as I thought. I think my old ones were that size
but newer is bigger. I never had to deal with putting air in and once
checked measured OK.

I think this tank is suppose to hold about 3 to 4 gallons of water.
There was one about half this size or smaller when I bought the house
about 15 years ago. It went bad, but the bladder had burst or had a
hole in it as water would come out of the air valve at the top when the
stem was depressed.

So far this tank has not put out any water through the air valve so I am
thinking the bladder should be ok. I can see adding air due to slow
leaks over a number of years, but can not see how in a day or two it can
gain air.

I am not sure why you are seeing what you see but I bet a new one
fixes your problem.

[email protected] April 23rd 21 12:58 AM

well tank problem

On Thu, 22 Apr 2021 18:54:56 -0400, Ralph Mowery

In article , "frank says...

trader_4 April 23rd 21 11:51 AM

well tank problem

On Thursday, April 22, 2021 at 6:55:02 PM UTC-4, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article , "frank says...

That is not as small as I thought. I think my old ones were that size
but newer is bigger. I never had to deal with putting air in and once
checked measured OK.

I think this tank is suppose to hold about 3 to 4 gallons of water.
There was one about half this size or smaller when I bought the house
about 15 years ago. It went bad, but the bladder had burst or had a
hole in it as water would come out of the air valve at the top when the
stem was depressed.

So far this tank has not put out any water through the air valve so I am
thinking the bladder should be ok. I can see adding air due to slow
leaks over a number of years, but can not see how in a day or two it can
gain air.

I only can think of one way this is possible. That would be if the bladder
has failed and there is a small leak in a suction line from the pump to the
well, if it's a conventional pump. Air can't be getting into a bladder that
is intact and with the tank drained, that's the only pressure you're
measuring. What happens if you slowly let all the air out of the bladder,
with some pressure still in it? If the bladder is intact, no water should
come out. Haven't tried that, but seems like a way to test for whether
the bladder is intact or not.

Ralph Mowery[_3_] April 23rd 21 02:35 PM

well tank problem

In article ,
says...

I only can think of one way this is possible. That would be if the bladder
has failed and there is a small leak in a suction line from the pump to the
well, if it's a conventional pump. Air can't be getting into a bladder that
is intact and with the tank drained, that's the only pressure you're
measuring. What happens if you slowly let all the air out of the bladder,
with some pressure still in it? If the bladder is intact, no water should
come out. Haven't tried that, but seems like a way to test for whether
the bladder is intact or not.

The bladder may have failed. That is the only way I can think of the
tank holding pressure with the water line open . I guess it could have
a small hole in it that is not letting much water in for now so it will
not have any water comming out of the air valve. It sure puzzles me as
to how I can let the air out to 38 psi and the next day it will be back
up to 60 psi, but no water comming out of the air valve.

I think I will replace the tank and hope that solves the problem. I
don't see any other way out.

Frank[_24_] April 23rd 21 03:54 PM

well tank problem

On 4/23/2021 9:35 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

[...]

Let us know how you make out. Over 2 years ago when I needed a new well
the well digger put in a new bigger tank which he said old tank was
failing but the plumber who first looked at my problem said pressure was
OK in the old tank. The old might have been 10 years old and that was
about all the lifetime I was getting from them.

[email protected] April 23rd 21 04:38 PM

well tank problem

On Fri, 23 Apr 2021 10:54:42 -0400, Frank "frank wrote:

[...]

You are lucky, I usually end up replacing them at around 5, just about
when the warranty is up. Funny how that works.

I did have the original, true bladder, tank (fiberglass vessel) that
came with the house and it lasted over 20 years. I tried to just find
another bladder but it was an exercise in futility. I still have the
tank.

Ralph Mowery[_3_] April 23rd 21 04:39 PM

well tank problem

In article , "frank says...

Let us know how you make out. Over 2 years ago when I needed a new well
the well digger put in a new bigger tank which he said old tank was
failing but the plumber who first looked at my problem said pressure was
OK in the old tank. The old might have been 10 years old and that was
about all the lifetime I was getting from them.

I have a plumber lined up for nextg week. I could replace the tank
myself, but I hate dealing with plumbing problems. I did put that tank
in myself a number of years ago,but forgot how long. If the bladder had
a hole in it, I would think that the tank would work ok if it had air in
the top and I may need to add air from time to time. Just do not see
how it can keep building pressure and I keep letting air out.

Frank[_24_] April 23rd 21 05:21 PM

well tank problem

On 4/23/2021 11:39 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article , "frank says...

Let us know how you make out. Over 2 years ago when I needed a new well
the well digger put in a new bigger tank which he said old tank was
failing but the plumber who first looked at my problem said pressure was
OK in the old tank. The old might have been 10 years old and that was
about all the lifetime I was getting from them.

I have a plumber lined up for nextg week. I could replace the tank
myself, but I hate dealing with plumbing problems. I did put that tank
in myself a number of years ago,but forgot how long. If the bladder had
a hole in it, I would think that the tank would work ok if it had air in
the top and I may need to add air from time to time. Just do not see
how it can keep building pressure and I keep letting air out.

I do little of my own work anymore. Might have the tools and knowledge
but at my age things are tougher to do.

Have not had a well problem with the new one but if I do I will use the
well contractor as problem could not be solved by the plumber.

At this very moment I have an appliance repairman looking at our
electric stove which has been tripping breaker. Last week he could not
find the problem and blamed the breaker and suggested we get an
electrician to look at it. Electrician could find nothing wrong with
the box or the breakers.

[email protected] April 23rd 21 05:34 PM

well tank problem

At this very moment I have an appliance repairman looking at our
electric stove which has been tripping breaker. Last week he could not
find the problem and blamed the breaker and suggested we get an
electrician to look at it. Electrician could find nothing wrong with
the box or the breakers.

Re-check the cord kink issues ? and the connection block.
.... although both the appliance guy and the electrician
_should have_ checked this ...

I had a dryer cord fail at the connection block once .. after
working fine for 5 years or more ..

John T.

Ralph Mowery[_3_] April 23rd 21 05:45 PM

well tank problem

In article ,
says...

Let us know how you make out. Over 2 years ago when I needed a new well
the well digger put in a new bigger tank which he said old tank was
failing but the plumber who first looked at my problem said pressure was
OK in the old tank. The old might have been 10 years old and that was
about all the lifetime I was getting from them.

You are lucky, I usually end up replacing them at around 5, just about
when the warranty is up. Funny how that works.

I did have the original, true bladder, tank (fiberglass vessel) that
came with the house and it lasted over 20 years. I tried to just find
another bladder but it was an exercise in futility. I still have the
tank.

If those tanks are only good for about 5 to 10 years, then I guess it is
time to replace this one as it is over 5 years old. I have been here
for aboutg 15 years and have no idea how old the first one was as this
house was about 20 years old when I bought it.

Replacing the tank would be easy for me, but as I have gotten older I
would rather pay a reasonable ammount to someone else. I hate plumbing
more than anything around the house other than painting.

Many companies have research teams to determin how long something will
last. The they warrenty the items for about 10 % less.

Frank[_24_] April 23rd 21 05:45 PM

well tank problem

On 4/23/2021 12:34 PM, wrote:

At this very moment I have an appliance repairman looking at our
electric stove which has been tripping breaker. Last week he could not
find the problem and blamed the breaker and suggested we get an
electrician to look at it. Electrician could find nothing wrong with
the box or the breakers.

Re-check the cord kink issues ? and the connection block.
... although both the appliance guy and the electrician
_should have_ checked this ...

I had a dryer cord fail at the connection block once .. after
working fine for 5 years or more ..

John T.

That is a possibility but electrician did not pull out the stove to
check. Repairman has it out now. When electrician was here he had all
the burners on along with the stove and broiler and breakers held. Now
with repairman here, oven breaker is popping. He's on the phone with
Whirlpool service. My concern is that this repair bill might exceed
cost of the stove.

Might also mention for ng that while electricians were here I had them
check out cause of blinking lights in kitchen when wife was in the
dining room. Turned out that it was due to led lights in the kitchen
that are on a regular switch but dimmer switch in dining room can cause
kitchen lights to blink since they are on the same circuit.

Frank[_24_] April 23rd 21 06:09 PM

well tank problem

On 4/23/2021 12:45 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

[...]

Plumber told us once that the main difference between water heaters with
longer warranty was the higher price.

Bob F April 23rd 21 06:22 PM

well tank problem

On 4/23/2021 10:09 AM, Frank wrote:
On 4/23/2021 12:45 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

Let us know how you make out.Â* Over 2 years ago when I needed a new
well
the well digger put in a new bigger tank which he said old tank was
failing but the plumber who first looked at my problem said pressure
was
OK in the old tank.Â* The old might have been 10 years old and that was
about all the lifetime I was getting from them.

You are lucky, I usually end up replacing them at around 5, just about
when the warranty is up. Funny how that works.

I did have the original, true bladder, tank (fiberglass vessel) that
came with the house and it lasted over 20 years. I tried to just find
another bladder but it was an exercise in futility.Â* I still have the
tank.

If those tanks are only good for about 5 to 10 years, then I guess it is
time to replace this one as it is over 5 years old.Â* I have been here
for aboutg 15 years and have no idea how old the first one was as this
house was about 20 years old when I bought it.

Replacing the tank would be easy for me, but as I have gotten older I
would rather pay a reasonable ammount to someone else.Â* I hate plumbing
more than anything around the house other than painting.

Many companies have research teams to determin how long something will
last.Â* The they warrenty the items for about 10 % less.

Plumber told us once that the main difference between water heaters with
longer warranty was the higher price.

More likely, longer warrantee heater has more anode.

Bob F April 23rd 21 06:28 PM

well tank problem

On 4/22/2021 10:18 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:

[...]

When you drained pipes, did you do it long enough to let air pressure
out of the water pipes also. You could have air getting into the system
before the pump and getting compressed into the water section of the
tank, displacing water from the tank.

Ralph Mowery[_3_] April 24th 21 04:21 PM

well tank problem

In article ,
says...

[...]

I found a youtube video that shows the same thing my well pump system
was doing. More air pressure building up in the bladder tank. It shows
the bladder tank gaining air pressure when the bladder is bad.
I still don't see how it can gain air pressure with the pipes open, but
it does. Maybe if I let all the air out of the tank by the air valve
water would start comming out.

Anyway I have a plumber comming out Monday morning to replace the tank.
While it is simple enough to do it, I just hate plumbing so bad I am
willing to pay a man a reasonable ammount to do it.
Found some paper work on the tank and it is 6 to 7 years old so I guess
that is about what others are getting out of their tanks.

Ralph Mowery[_3_] April 24th 21 05:52 PM

well tank problem

In article ,
says...

I found a youtube video that shows the same thing my well pump system
was doing. More air pressure building up in the bladder tank. It shows
the bladder tank gaining air pressure when the bladder is bad.
I still don't see how it can gain air pressure with the pipes open, but
it does. Maybe if I let all the air out of the tank by the air valve
water would start comming out.

Iment to include the youtube link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9KKJxdqJsU

trader_4 April 24th 21 07:29 PM

well tank problem

On Saturday, April 24, 2021 at 11:21:50 AM UTC-4, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

[...]

Makes no sense to me that these tanks fails so quickly. It's just a plastic
bag, inside a tank, not exposed to weather, UV, etc. I recall seeing ones, maybe
they all have it, with a good size plug on top that the air fitting comes out of.
I assumed you can get a new bladder and replace just that. Which would be
a lot easier and cheaper, assuming the plug will come out and that's what
it's there for. Also I still can't fathom how a broken bladder results in the tank
gaining air. I would expect it to lose air, as the air is slowly absorbed into
the water.

Ralph Mowery[_3_] April 24th 21 08:48 PM

well tank problem

In article ,
says...

Makes no sense to me that these tanks fails so quickly. It's just a plastic
bag, inside a tank, not exposed to weather, UV, etc. I recall seeing ones, maybe
they all have it, with a good size plug on top that the air fitting comes out of.
I assumed you can get a new bladder and replace just that. Which would be
a lot easier and cheaper, assuming the plug will come out and that's what
it's there for. Also I still can't fathom how a broken bladder results in the tank
gaining air. I would expect it to lose air, as the air is slowly absorbed into
the water.

I guess they fail because of all the flexing. One side is next to the
water so if the water has something in it that could also make them fail
sooner.

I can not think of how it makes and ar pressure. That is what had me
puzzled before I found the video and another showed his gaining air. I
know on the older tanks with out a bladder people often had to add air.
Maybe the air pressure builds up from a small hole and I did not leave
the water line open long enough for the air to bleed out of the bladder.

Tekkie© April 24th 21 10:06 PM

well tank problem

On Thu, 22 Apr 2021 18:54:56 -0400, Ralph Mowery posted for all of us to
digest...

In article , "frank says...

That is not as small as I thought. I think my old ones were that size
but newer is bigger. I never had to deal with putting air in and once
checked measured OK.

I think this tank is suppose to hold about 3 to 4 gallons of water.
There was one about half this size or smaller when I bought the house
about 15 years ago. It went bad, but the bladder had burst or had a
hole in it as water would come out of the air valve at the top when the
stem was depressed.

So far this tank has not put out any water through the air valve so I am
thinking the bladder should be ok. I can see adding air due to slow
leaks over a number of years, but can not see how in a day or two it can
gain air.

Just a SWAG is it back feeding from the water heater?

--
Tekkie

Tekkie© April 24th 21 10:11 PM

well tank problem

On Fri, 23 Apr 2021 12:45:27 -0400, Frank posted for all of us to digest...

On 4/23/2021 12:34 PM, wrote:

[...]

Just get eyes resynchronized :D

--
Tekkie

Tekkie© April 24th 21 10:14 PM

well tank problem

On Sat, 24 Apr 2021 11:29:57 -0700 (PDT), trader_4 posted for all of us to
digest...

Makes no sense to me that these tanks fails so quickly.

You don't want the manufacturer to keep making replacement tanks? $$$$

--
Tekkie

Ralph Mowery[_3_] April 24th 21 10:49 PM

well tank problem

In article , says...

I think this tank is suppose to hold about 3 to 4 gallons of water.
There was one about half this size or smaller when I bought the house
about 15 years ago. It went bad, but the bladder had burst or had a
hole in it as water would come out of the air valve at the top when the
stem was depressed.

So far this tank has not put out any water through the air valve so I am
thinking the bladder should be ok. I can see adding air due to slow
leaks over a number of years, but can not see how in a day or two it can
gain air.

Just a SWAG is it back feeding from the water heater?

That would be a good guess except the water line was opened to the air
so no pressure was in the water lines.

Frank[_24_] April 24th 21 11:32 PM

well tank problem

On 4/23/2021 12:34 PM, wrote:

[...]

Next time wife was in dining room and lights in kitchen began to blink I
turned down the dimmer switch and they stopped. Two switches are on the
same circuit and back to back with wall between them.

As far as stove, I had not mentioned we needed hinges on door replaced
and service tech decided to change stove heating element which was
apparently failing. With parts and repairs including electrician visit
cost about half the cost of the stove. Not happy with Whirlpool stove
only 2 years old. We had done nothing to cause hinges to fail.

rbowman April 24th 21 11:45 PM

well tank problem

On 04/24/2021 01:48 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
I can not think of how it makes and ar pressure. That is what had me
puzzled before I found the video and another showed his gaining air. I
know on the older tanks with out a bladder people often had to add air.
Maybe the air pressure builds up from a small hole and I did not leave
the water line open long enough for the air to bleed out of the bladder.

When I was a kid our water tank had a standard Schraeder valve. When the
flow would get sluggish or the pump was coming on frequently we would
drain the water and pump it up with a tire pump.

I didn't know they had bladders until a few years ago they changed them
out in the communal well house. While the bladder itself could be
replaced apparently it cost as much as the entire tank and wasn't worth
the hassle.

[email protected] April 25th 21 03:31 AM

well tank problem

On Sat, 24 Apr 2021 11:21:45 -0400, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,
says...

[...]

You know they are bad if the line pressure goes to zero (pump off,
valve open) and there is still water in the tank. Mine aren't screwed
down and there is enough flex in the pipe to bump it off the floor.
You know right away if it is full of water by the weight.

[email protected] April 25th 21 03:40 AM

well tank problem

wrote:

[...]

I assume it is just the constant flexing and if you are not diligent
about checking the air the bladder gets over extended. They are
replaceable.
The problem is finding the bladder if it is a bladder tank. Some are
diaphragm tanks and you can't replace that.
I have never found a bladder for a tank when I needed one. My tanks
are diaphragm tanks now.

Also I still can't fathom how a broken bladder results in the tank
gaining air. I would expect it to lose air, as the air is slowly absorbed into
the water.

I thought about this for a while and the only thing that makes sense
is that there is some kind of pocket that holds water, even when the
system is at zero pressure and that reduced volume maintains more air
pressure.
That's why I said lift up that tank and see if it is waterlogged.

[email protected] April 25th 21 03:43 AM

well tank problem

On Sat, 24 Apr 2021 17:06:53 -0400, Tekkie©
wrote:

[...]

I like it ;-)
That can be an issue, particularly if the bladder is bad since you do
not have that much storage to take that expansion.

[email protected] April 25th 21 03:46 AM

well tank problem

On Sat, 24 Apr 2021 16:45:46 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

On 04/24/2021 01:48 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
I can not think of how it makes and ar pressure. That is what had me
puzzled before I found the video and another showed his gaining air. I
know on the older tanks with out a bladder people often had to add air.
Maybe the air pressure builds up from a small hole and I did not leave
the water line open long enough for the air to bleed out of the bladder.

When I was a kid our water tank had a standard Schraeder valve. When the
flow would get sluggish or the pump was coming on frequently we would
drain the water and pump it up with a tire pump.

I didn't know they had bladders until a few years ago they changed them
out in the communal well house. While the bladder itself could be
replaced apparently it cost as much as the entire tank and wasn't worth
the hassle.

That was my take on it although if I could find the right bladder for
the fiber glass one I have I would do it. That thing was tough and
lasted a real long time.

Peeler[_4_] April 25th 21 09:50 AM

lowbrowwoman, the Endlessly Driveling Senile Gossip

On Sat, 24 Apr 2021 16:45:46 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

When I was a kid

Oh, no, not yet again! tsk

FLUSH yet more of the never ending senile blather

Pat[_25_] April 25th 21 10:58 AM

well tank problem

On Sat, 24 Apr 2021 15:48:41 -0400, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,
says...

[...]

I will guess your bladder has a pinhole leak in it. When the water
pressure is at its max, a small amount of water leaks into the air
chamber. It stops leaking when the air chamber gets up to the 60 psi
you have observed. When the water side pressure it lowered, the leak
seals itself. The air side is left at the system max pressure but is
still mostly air. I believe your problem will be solved when your
tank is replaced.

Bob[_144_] April 25th 21 12:05 PM

well tank problem

On 4/22/21 1:18 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:

[...]

Personally, I'd just replace the tank but if you want to prove to yourself that the diaphragm is bad...

Bleed the air from the air side of the diaphragm and unscrew/remove the Schrader valve.

Shut off pump breaker and drain the tank. Remove tank and turn upside down so Schrader valve is on bottom.

I suspect you'll see water dripping from the Schrader valve opening.

Ralph Mowery[_3_] April 25th 21 02:35 PM

well tank problem

In article ,
says...

I will guess your bladder has a pinhole leak in it. When the water
pressure is at its max, a small amount of water leaks into the air
chamber. It stops leaking when the air chamber gets up to the 60 psi
you have observed. When the water side pressure it lowered, the leak
seals itself. The air side is left at the system max pressure but is
still mostly air. I believe your problem will be solved when your
tank is replaced.

That sounds like what may be the problem. Anyway a new tank should be
instlled Monday.

I worked many years solving problems where I worked on mostly electrical
and instruments but some other systems. I always liked to hae a good
idea of what was causing the problem before I replaced things as it
could run into thousands of dollars.

Ralph Mowery[_3_] April 25th 21 02:43 PM

well tank problem

In article ,
says...

Personally, I'd just replace the tank but if you want to prove to yourself that the diaphragm is bad...

Bleed the air from the air side of the diaphragm and unscrew/remove the Schrader valve.

Shut off pump breaker and drain the tank. Remove tank and turn upside down so Schrader valve is on bottom.

I suspect you'll see water dripping from the Schrader valve opening.

The tank is going to be replaced MOnday.

If the bladder had a small hole in it and water was in the bladder I
would have thought water would come out of the Schrader valve, but maybe
there was still enough air in the tank to keep that from hapning.

To start with I thought the tank had a broken bladder, but just did not
see how with the water line open I could have 60 psi of air in the
bladder the 2nd time I bled some air out to the 38 PSI it should have
with no pressure on the water line. I guess a small hole would sort of
seal its self for a short period of time and hold the 60 psi air
pressure.

If there is much water left in the tank after it is removed I am sure it
will be very heavy.

Tekkie© April 26th 21 10:16 PM

well tank problem

On Sat, 24 Apr 2021 22:40:07 -0400, posted for all of us to
digest...

wrote:

[...]

I forgot about diaphragm tanks. Nice images here to look at differences between
them.

https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffsb&q=bla...l+tanks&ia=web

--
Tekkie

Tekkie© April 26th 21 10:21 PM

well tank problem

On Sun, 25 Apr 2021 09:43:41 -0400, Ralph Mowery posted for all of us to
digest...

The tank is going to be replaced MOnday.

Well, (nice one there aye)it's Monday and what's happened?
Huh, huh, huh. (Just like my wife)

Is your wallet lighter now? Inquiring minds want know!

--
Tekkie