Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Where to purchase durable blinds

I am looking for vertical blinds for some rental property to go over the sliding patio door. I have had the inexpensive white vertical blinds, but they often break and don't add a lot to the decor of the room.

Went to Menards, HD, and Lowes, but all the products that they offered seemed to be in the light side (not durable). (Bali, Levolor ...)

Had a designer come over and take some measurements, but they came back with an estimate of $600+ !

Where can I find blinds like what the hotels install or the commercial buildings use ? Something that is is more durable, but south of $600 !

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 15 Apr 2021 13:30:16 -0700 (PDT), Sid 03
wrote:

I am looking for vertical blinds for some rental property to go over the sliding patio door.
I have had the inexpensive white vertical blinds, but they often break and don't add a lot to the decor of the room.
Went to Menards, HD, and Lowes, but all the products that they offered seemed to be in the light side (not durable). (Bali, Levolor ...)
Had a designer come over and take some measurements, but they came back with an estimate of $600+ !
Where can I find blinds like what the hotels install or the commercial buildings use ? Something that is is more durable, but south of $600 !
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

Always glad to help ...

http://www.kwblinds.com/commercial-b...ener-waterloo/

John T.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
I am looking for vertical blinds for some rental property to go over the sliding patio door.
I have had the inexpensive white vertical blinds, but they often break and don't add a lot to the decor of the room.
Went to Menards, HD, and Lowes, but all the products that they offered seemed to be in the light side (not durable). (Bali, Levolor ...)
Had a designer come over and take some measurements, but they came back with an estimate of $600+ !
Where can I find blinds like what the hotels install or the commercial buildings use ? Something that is is more durable, but south of $600 !
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

Always glad to help ...

http://www.kwblinds.com/commercial-b...ener-waterloo/

John T.

Check selectblinds. I have a custom aluminum right now on my floor waiting to be put on a new door this weekend 04.16.21 ish.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

KWBlinds:
I just went to KWBlinds, but they don't have any inventory on the page. I did fill out form for someone to contact me.

SelectBlinds:
I have already been there, I have some samples ordered.

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

Called KW Blinds, the guy answered and stated that he is out of Ontario, didn't seem like he wanted to work with me.
He said he has a buddy that works out of IL and would send him my email.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
I am looking for vertical blinds for some rental property to go over the sliding patio door.
I have had the inexpensive white vertical blinds, but they often break and don't add a lot to the decor of the room.
Went to Menards, HD, and Lowes, but all the products that they offered seemed to be in the light side (not durable). (Bali, Levolor ...)

Rental property? Buy the cheapest you can find.

I've never seen a blind wear out. The only damage I've seen is from pets or children, and the expensive ones aren't going to be enough more resistant to make a difference. In rental property you will continue to have pets and children, so just expect to replace regularly.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
I am looking for vertical blinds for some rental property to go over the sliding patio door.
I have had the inexpensive white vertical blinds, but they often break and don't add a lot to the decor of the room.
Went to Menards, HD, and Lowes, but all the products that they offered seemed to be in the light side (not durable). (Bali, Levolor ...)

Rental property? Buy the cheapest you can find.

I've never seen a blind wear out. The only damage I've seen is from pets or children, and the expensive ones aren't going to be enough more resistant to make a difference. In rental property you will continue to have pets and children, so just expect to replace regularly.

The holes at the top break. The blinds are constructed of thin PVC and becomes brittle. The windows face the north and get sun baked, the PVC is probably UV resistant, but I don't know if there are any plastics that are totally UV resistant.

I purchased these repair tabs that I will install this week and see if it helps.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078BYHP21...roduct_details

Your right, the mechanism don't usually fail, just the top holes of the vertical blinds.
Would be nice if they were reinforced ?!

Posted to alt.home.repair

Sid 03 writes:
On Monday, April 19, 2021 at 7:36:28 AM UTC-5, TimR wrote:

The holes at the top break. The blinds are constructed of thin PVC and bec=
omes brittle. The windows face the north and get sun baked, the PVC is pro=
bably UV resistant, but I don't know if there are any plastics that are tot=
ally UV resistant. =20

I just cut a piece of galvy flashing, perhaps 1" by 1/2", fold it the
long way and hammer it over the top where the broken hole is. Works
great and holds up whell.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

I have vertical blinds in my office, as does the rest of the building. We've been here ten years and none have failed. They seem to be fairly substantial vinyl, and about ten feet long so a good bit of weight. They are rotated frequently but pulled sideways rarely to never.

I don't see a brand name. The slats measure 2 1/8 inches wide.

Bali Vertical Blinds vs. Graber Vertical Blinds (Vynil) - which one is better? [email protected] Home Ownership 0 May 30th 06 08:20 PM
Tung Oil - Durable? B Man Woodworking 16 October 24th 04 10:48 AM
Slatwall durable? WoodMangler Woodworking 15 September 29th 04 07:33 PM
Which durable clear finish for old sanded-down floorboards? Doc Frank Z. Watson UK diy 6 August 15th 03 08:13 PM
Replacing plastic resin cutlery handles with a more durable(dishwasher safe) medium bay area dave Woodworking 4 July 26th 03 08:04 PM