Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT: Covid, there is no new US wave coming, we're winning

Despite the media and that nutty woman running the CDC claiming
that disaster is imminent, let me go on record saying that it's alarmist
nonsense that is not supported by the evidence. We've fully vaccinated around a third of all the people who can or will be vaccinated. We're vaccinating 3 mil+ more each day. Studies have shown that 3 weeks
after the first shot, people have 90% effectiveness, which means that
we're closing in on half the people who will get vaccinated having protection.

The curve for the US daily new cases only ticked up slightly from the
lows after the January peak and it still shows no signs of going up aggressively like it did with the preceeding rises that signaled new
waves. Even in the 5 states that were of serious concern, it's stopped
rising or has significantly retreated. NJ for example, is now retreating
rapidly, it's given back about half of the new increase from the Feb lows.
MI looks like it has peaked. The US death rate continues to decline.

Yet the media is running around like the house is on fire, with alarmist
numbers like saying that Covid is rising in most states. That may be
true, but if it is, it's a just that it's ticked up slightly, but not aggressively.
And with the vaccines it's not going to. That doesn't mean that it's over,
it will be with us for a long time. I saw an estimate that it will take
4 years to get the rest of the world vaccinated. We may have to give
new vaccines for new variants. But we're clearly winning the battle,
not losing it like the hysterical media and CDC would have you believe.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 13 Apr 2021 07:07:02 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

[...]

Welcome to the world of reality. Glad you could come aboard.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I've been in the real world all along. I guess I should have added a disclaimer
in what I posted for you. "And no, this doesn't meant that you don't need to wear
a mask anymore, etc."

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Missed it by "that much"