Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Seatbelts Dammit!

Some people just cant be bothered. Bet it would have made a difference
here.

https://www.wfla.com/news/hillsborou...sion-on-us-41/
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/11/2021 08:00 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Some people just cant be bothered. Bet it would have made a difference
here.

https://www.wfla.com/news/hillsborou...sion-on-us-41/

Maybe. Were either ejected from their vehicles? Whatever the 'unknown
reason' was, not driving the wrong way on a four lane highway would have
helped. Heading for the median when you see someone coming at you at a
high rate of speed would have helped.

All the air bags and seatbelts in the world can't keep people safe from
their own choices.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/11/2021 10:00 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Some people just cant be bothered.Â* Bet it would have made a difference here.

https://www.wfla.com/news/hillsborou...sion-on-us-41/

Was it caused by drugs, alcohol or mask hypoxia?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/11/2021 11:46 AM, rbowman wrote:
On 04/11/2021 08:00 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Some people just cant be bothered.Â* Bet it would have made a difference
here.

https://www.wfla.com/news/hillsborou...sion-on-us-41/

Maybe. Were either ejected from their vehicles? Whatever the 'unknown
reason' was, not driving the wrong way on a four lane highway would have
helped. Heading for the median when you see someone coming at you at a
high rate of speed would have helped.

All the air bags and seatbelts in the world can't keep people safe from
their own choices.

I've often wonder about these head on collisions. They don't give a
time but this one seems like daylight, most are night. If you see
headlight coming at you, I'd think it would be smart to go off to the
side to be sure. This section of road was very wide with a lot of
center median and shoulder.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default lowbrowwoman, the Endlessly Driveling Senile Gossip

On Sun, 11 Apr 2021 09:46:10 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

Maybe. Were either ejected from their vehicles? Whatever the 'unknown
reason' was, not driving the wrong way on a four lane highway would have
helped. Heading for the median when you see someone coming at you at a
high rate of speed would have helped.

All the air bags and seatbelts in the world can't keep people safe from
their own choices.

That's the nice thing about Usenet: it allows senile gossips to pontificate
and smartass about just ANYTHING, even the tragic deaths of people. Right,
Trumptard?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 11 Apr 2021 09:46:10 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

On 04/11/2021 08:00 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Some people just cant be bothered. Bet it would have made a difference
here.

https://www.wfla.com/news/hillsborou...sion-on-us-41/

Maybe. Were either ejected from their vehicles? Whatever the 'unknown
reason' was, not driving the wrong way on a four lane highway would have
helped. Heading for the median when you see someone coming at you at a
high rate of speed would have helped.

All the air bags and seatbelts in the world can't keep people safe from
their own choices.

I used to encounter wrong way drivers a couple times a year working
nights. I always assumed they were just drunk. I pull to the right and
they always passed me driver side to driver side like we were on a 2
lane blacktop. I always wondered if they figured out something was
wrong or just forgot they were on the beltway.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, April 11, 2021 at 10:01:01 AM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Some people just cant be bothered. Bet it would have made a difference
here.

https://www.wfla.com/news/hillsborou...sion-on-us-41/

On what looks like a straight highway on a clear and sunny day too. I can understand
how one car somehow gets going in the wrong direction, but you'd think people going
the right way on road like this would see them coming and move over way out of the
way and stop.

An old guy my father knew did this. He was like 90 and went visiting someone in the
hospital. Somehow he got on a highway near the hospital going the wrong way and
did the same thing. He survived though.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/11/2021 11:30 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
I've often wonder about these head on collisions. They don't give a
time but this one seems like daylight, most are night. If you see
headlight coming at you, I'd think it would be smart to go off to the
side to be sure. This section of road was very wide with a lot of
center median and shoulder.

Unless it took them a long time to respond it looked light daylight, no
visibility problems, and plenty of room to get off the road. Even
without going off road, it has two lanes like any other undivided highway.

I start making plans when I see an oncoming driver coming my way even if
it's a perfectly legitimate move into a center turning lane.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/11/2021 9:21 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 04/11/2021 11:30 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
I've often wonder about these head on collisions.Â* They don't give a
time but this one seems like daylight, most are night.Â* If you see
headlight coming at you, I'd think it would be smart to go off to the
side to be sure.Â* This section of road was very wide with a lot of
center median and shoulder.

Unless it took them a long time to respond it looked light daylight, no
visibility problems, and plenty of room to get off the road. Even
without going off road, it has two lanes like any other undivided highway.

I start making plans when I see an oncoming driver coming my way even if
it's a perfectly legitimate move into a center turning lane.

Both were young drivers so they probably did not think to think ahead.

In other news today, nearby a storm blew over a tree taking power lines
down. A 17 year old driver hit the lines and somehow a fire started on
the driver's side so she got out on the passenger side. Stepped on a
line and was electrocuted.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 11 Apr 2021 21:47:29 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

[...]

More likely her car was energized and she completed the circuit when
her foot hit the ground.
Jump!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/11/2021 10:28 PM, wrote:
[...]

That sounds more like it. Should have jumped. Normally is is dumb to
get out but with a fire, first instinct is to get out. Most young
people have no idea about completing a circuit.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/11/2021 07:47 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
[...]

Natural selection at work. I don't want to get into a women drivers
thing but I've noticed young women don't seem to have a working
acquaintance with the laws of physics. There are several 90 degree turns
around here and I've seen them take them at speeds that were on the edge
of the vehicle's abilities, but I don't think they even realize it.

A house on the outside of one of the corners started with a nice white
fence like a Kentucky horse farm. That slowly escalated to railroad ties
with a hardware store's worth of reflectors. Somebody went through it
again this winter so maybe Jersey barriers will be next.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/11/2021 08:53 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 4/11/2021 10:28 PM, wrote:
[...]

Jumping out of most modern cars would be a good trick. Apropos of
nothing I passed a guy in a '51 Chevy going the other way today. It
wasn't visible but I could smell the burning oil. Sort of nostalgic.
Every now and then I'll get a whiff of my car's exhaust and it's kind of
an acetic acid chemical aroma. I'm sure it's environmentally sound but
it sure stinks.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 11 Apr 2021 22:53:27 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 4/11/2021 10:28 PM, wrote:
[...]

I know better and I still might forget in the heat of the moment. A
lot depends on if the car was energized by a 120/240 secondary or the
medium voltage primary. You might live through getting a little
careless with 120v but 13kv would make you a crispy critter in a
millisecond or so.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 11 Apr 2021 22:21:08 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

[...]

One of my buddies up in Md (a DC Cop at the time) got tired of people
taking out his mailbox every weekend so he had me weld him up one
using 8" steel square tube/beam. He had 5' in the ground and 3 feet
sticking up. (A USPS legit mailbox bolted in the top tube). A
Corvette got him that night but it didn't drive away like the others.
The Corvette guy wasn't hurt that bad but he started talking about
suing. That's when my buddy called the county mountie The DUI he got
took a lot of that lawsuit stuff away. I don't think he ever heard
another word about it. I know the mailbox was still there when he
moved to Florida, It was scared up a might but it was still working.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/11/2021 10:28 PM, wrote:
[...]

I actually tried it once in my Prelude, just for a drill. If you turn
around and get in the door paratrooper style, squat, both feet on the
jamb and holding on to the roof with your hands then do a frog leap,
you can be clear when you hit the ground. Just bear in mind at 13.6kv
the safe working distance is about 3 feet so land away from the door,
keep your head down and roll away.

Apropos of
nothing I passed a guy in a '51 Chevy going the other way today. It
wasn't visible but I could smell the burning oil. Sort of nostalgic.
Every now and then I'll get a whiff of my car's exhaust and it's kind of
an acetic acid chemical aroma. I'm sure it's environmentally sound but
it sure stinks.

My 86 LeBaron was burning a quart of oil to a tank of gas when I
traded it for the Prelude but it didn't smoke and it wasn't bleeding
from the belly. That computer was just adjusting the mix so that oil
burned clean. There wasn't even a black stain on the bumper. It did
have just the hint of that good old "bad valve guide" oil burn smell
tho.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 11 Apr 2021 19:21:54 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

Unless it took them a long time to respond it looked light daylight, no
visibility problems, and plenty of room to get off the road. Even
without going off road, it has two lanes like any other undivided highway.

I start making plans when I see an oncoming driver coming my way even if
it's a perfectly legitimate move into a center turning lane.

Good grief! Is there NO topic that you will NOT smartass about and blather
about in your known verbose manner, senile gossip?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default lowbrowwoman, the Endlessly Driveling Senile Gossip! LOL

On Sun, 11 Apr 2021 22:27:40 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

Jumping out of most modern cars would be a good trick. Apropos of
nothing I passed a guy in a '51 Chevy going the other way today. It
wasn't visible but I could smell the burning oil. Sort of nostalgic.
Every now and then I'll get a whiff of my car's exhaust and it's kind of
an acetic acid chemical aroma. I'm sure it's environmentally sound but
it sure stinks.

LOL ...and the senile gossiping continues...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 11 Apr 2021 22:21:08 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

FLUSH more of the endlessly driveling senile gossip's verbose bull****
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, April 11, 2021 at 9:01:01 AM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Some people just cant be bothered. Bet it would have made a difference
here.

https://www.wfla.com/news/hillsborou...sion-on-us-41/

The news this morning had a passenger vehicle rear ending a farm tractor. The vehicle driver was killed, the passenger treated and released at the nearest hospital. The tractor driver was ok. This happened about 9:30 Sunday morning in central Nebraska.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, April 11, 2021 at 10:53:32 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 4/11/2021 10:28 PM, wrote:
[...]

Unless it was impossible to move the car, my first choice would have been
to quickly drive it out of the wires, fire or no fire.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/11/2021 9:21 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 04/11/2021 11:30 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
I've often wonder about these head on collisions.Â* They don't give a
time but this one seems like daylight, most are night.Â* If you see
headlight coming at you, I'd think it would be smart to go off to the
side to be sure.Â* This section of road was very wide with a lot of
center median and shoulder.

Unless it took them a long time to respond it looked light daylight, no
visibility problems, and plenty of room to get off the road. Even
without going off road, it has two lanes like any other undivided highway.

I start making plans when I see an oncoming driver coming my way even if
it's a perfectly legitimate move into a center turning lane.

I cannot google up any follow up articles except crash happened at 7 am
which corresponds with sunrise in Tampa.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/11/2021 10:28 PM, wrote:
[...]

If you see one wrong way driver and are paying attention ! big if ! then you can usually avoid it.

when you see 100 wrong way drivers, you have to realize you have a bigger problem.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/11/2021 10:28 PM, wrote:
[...]

If you can, that is probably the best idea but if you took down the
pole, you car probably won't go.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/11/2021 10:28 PM, wrote:
[...]

https://www.krtv.com/news/montana-an...sh-in-missoula

The bridge was rebuilt last year and the entrance can be a little
confusing. However, Russell St and Broadway, the street it intersects,
are 35 mph streets. 11:15 PM, no headlights, and highway speeds don't
leave much room for interpretation. At least the right people died.

Posted to alt.home.repair

rbowman writes:
On 04/11/2021 11:30 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
I've often wonder about these head on collisions. They don't give a
time but this one seems like daylight, most are night. If you see
headlight coming at you, I'd think it would be smart to go off to the
side to be sure. This section of road was very wide with a lot of
center median and shoulder.

Unless it took them a long time to respond it looked light daylight, no
visibility problems, and plenty of room to get off the road. Even
without going off road, it has two lanes like any other undivided highway.

Most headons occur without warning. A sudden swerve into oncoming
traffic, a blind curve, a moment's inattention.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, April 12, 2021 at 10:16:53 AM UTC-5, Scott Lurndal wrote:
rbowman writes:
On 04/11/2021 11:30 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
I've often wonder about these head on collisions. They don't give a
time but this one seems like daylight, most are night. If you see
headlight coming at you, I'd think it would be smart to go off to the
side to be sure. This section of road was very wide with a lot of
center median and shoulder.

Unless it took them a long time to respond it looked light daylight, no
visibility problems, and plenty of room to get off the road. Even
without going off road, it has two lanes like any other undivided highway.

Most headons occur without warning. A sudden swerve into oncoming
traffic, a blind curve, a moment's inattention.

True. I vaguely remember the days before I-80 was running through Nebraska. Highways
6 and 34 were the main east-west roads. Both two lane. It seemed like the local tv news had
at least one head-on collision every evening to talk about.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 12 Apr 2021 07:49:36 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

https://www.krtv.com/news/montana-an...sh-in-missoula

The bridge was rebuilt last year and the entrance can be a little
confusing. However, Russell St and Broadway, the street it intersects,
are 35 mph streets. 11:15 PM, no headlights, and highway speeds don't
leave much room for interpretation. At least the right people died.

No, they didn't because you are STILL breathing, bull****ting, gossiping and
driveling! It's disgusting!
Posted to alt.home.repair

rbowman writes:
[...]

I have seen a lot of these on dash cam videos from Australia.

I'm reminded of a head on I was in years ago on my first visit to the
UK. A coworker was driving and we had just left a motorway on a clover
leaf with three lanes for two way traffic and he was in the center lane.
No traffic but here comes a car in the center lane towards us and he
turns right and the other car turns left and we hit head on. My
coworker was born and raised in Northern Ireland but had been in the US
for several years. He forgot where he was. Both cars were totaled but
seat belts and low speed kept us from being injured. My coworker was
refused another rental and I had to get it and drive the rest of the
way. Nightmare for me driving on the left and standard shift on the left.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 11 Apr 2021 10:00:55 -0400, Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us to
digest...

Some people just cant be bothered. Bet it would have made a difference
here.

https://www.wfla.com/news/hillsborou...sion-on-us-41/

It would have been better if she was driving the correct way on the highway.
Let's not draw conclusions. Maybe: she was under the influence, committing
suicide, distracted, etc.

I never pulled a dead person from under a seat belt, but others have.

--
Tekkie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 11 Apr 2021 21:47:29 -0400, Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us to
digest...

[...]

That's shocking!

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 12 Apr 2021 07:49:36 -0600, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

On 4/11/2021 10:28 PM, wrote:
[...]

I was curious that they added "Details are limited at this point however it
appears that speed may have been a factor, as well as occupying the same lanes
of travel in opposite directions." Ya think going the wrong way with no lights
on was a factor? They are sure to add in speed because they need more money for
radar... "Details are limited at this point" means ignore the story and you
will forget about whatever our conjectures were.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 12 Apr 2021 09:03:55 -0400, posted for all of us to
digest...

On 4/11/2021 10:28 PM, wrote:
[...]

Especially if it's an EV. :-)

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 12 Apr 2021 01:29:26 -0400, posted for all of us to
digest...

wrote:
[...]

At least some well meaning bystanders weren't juiced up enough to try to help
her.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Tekkie©" wrote in message

On Sun, 11 Apr 2021 10:00:55 -0400, Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us to
digest...

Some people just cant be bothered. Bet it would have made a difference
here.

https://www.wfla.com/news/hillsborou...sion-on-us-41/

It would have been better if she was driving the correct way on the
highway.
Let's not draw conclusions. Maybe: she was under the influence, committing
suicide, distracted, etc.

I never pulled a dead person from under a seat belt, but others have.

But those would have been dead anyway.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default More Heavy Trolling by the Senile Octogenarian Nym-Shifting Ozzie Cretin!

On Tue, 13 Apr 2021 07:34:23 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the trolling senile cretin's latest troll****

--
Richard addressing senile Rodent Speed:
MID:

Dammit! (water softener) zxcvbob Home Repair 9 July 18th 07 03:42 AM
shower leak dammit andyv UK diy 5 May 18th 06 10:13 PM
Dammit !, anywat, NAP 31X3 chassis [email protected] Electronics Repair 2 August 4th 05 08:29 PM
Darwin Awards: Man rails against seatbelts, then killed in survivable rollover. Bruce L. Bergman Metalworking 78 January 23rd 05 01:27 PM
Dammit, can't find this link(monitor schematics) JURB6006 Electronics Repair 6 January 22nd 04 08:00 PM