Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Air Warriors

Tonight I watched an episode of their Air Warriors series on
Smithsonian Channel. This was the B-24 Liberator and how it helped win
the war. They also showed a bit of it being built in the Ford Willow
Run plant on a mile long assembly line. Something never done with
aircraft. They turned out a bomber every 56 minutes.

It repeats in the next two days if you are interested

https://www.smithsonianchannel.com/d...s/air-warriors

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, March 24, 2021 at 10:54:17 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Tonight I watched an episode of their Air Warriors series on
Smithsonian Channel. This was the B-24 Liberator and how it helped win
the war. They also showed a bit of it being built in the Ford Willow
Run plant on a mile long assembly line.

Cool. I used to live a mile or two from Willow Run. It's pretty much all
gone now. They're using the site for autonomous vehicle development.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/24/21 10:54 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Tonight I watched an episodeÂ* of their Air Warriors series on
Smithsonian Channel.Â* This was the B-24 Liberator and how it helped win
the war.Â* They also showed a bit of it being built in the Ford Willow
Run plant on a mile long assembly line.Â* Something never done with
aircraft.Â* They turned out a bomber every 56 minutes.

It repeats in the next two days if you are interested

https://www.smithsonianchannel.com/d...s/air-warriors

I saw it too- great episode!

Back in the 70's, I often flew in and out of the Willow Run airport on
corporate jets.

The factory building was on the far side of the field. It had been
enlarged previously by the then current owner- General Motors- and was
the biggest honkin' factory I've ever seen.

--
Why is it that the people who want more government control over your
life are the same ones who want you to be disarmed?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, March 24, 2021 at 10:54:17 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Tonight I watched an episode of their Air Warriors series on
Smithsonian Channel. This was the B-24 Liberator and how it helped win
the war. They also showed a bit of it being built in the Ford Willow
Run plant on a mile long assembly line. Something never done with
aircraft. They turned out a bomber every 56 minutes.

It repeats in the next two days if you are interested

https://www.smithsonianchannel.com/d...s/air-warriors

I'm sure the folk at sci.military.moderated would like to know.

LGBTQ Culture Warriors Launch Petition Drive for PermanentRainbow Crosswalks trader_4 Home Repair 1 June 20th 17 06:52 PM
Wounded Warriors George G Woodworking 9 November 16th 07 09:59 PM
Nailgun injuries soar among weekend warriors Too_Many_Tools Woodworking 64 April 20th 07 03:14 AM
[OT] This Isn't Just 'Dissent' -- The CIA's leakers lack the Cold Warriors' sense of purpose. Joseph Gwinn Metalworking 22 May 17th 06 07:18 AM