Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Does your car meet our standards

On 3/21/2021 8:43 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Taking a clue from this apartment complex, it is time to put some
standards for people posting here. They must have a nice looking car.

https://tinyurl.com/3afv2p4t

The Montana Valley Apartments manager noted that the complex doesnt
allow cars with rust, dents, flat tires, or bad paint to sit in front of
its complex. And while theres certainly something to be said about
towing a car thats been immobile for several weeks, tenants here are
arguing that the standards are entirely unfair because it doesnt allow
them the time to get a repair€”especially for people who are already
living paycheck to paycheck.

I live in eastern Ohio - no inspections or emissions - and I live right
on the border of PA. I buy $500 cars from PA Craigslist that won't pass
inspection and drive 'em home... I've owned 20 some cars over the last 4
years or so. It's practically a hobby at this point. To see how far I
can push the PA police... they really gave me dirty looks driving cars
with no hoods around.

I'm currently driving a dinged up '89 Olds Cutlass Cierra and/or a super
smashed up '93 Geo Metro convertible with enough of the floors and
rockers rotted that I can almost drive it Fred Flinstone style.
Needless to say, all 6 cars parked on my property right now would likely
be towed from that apartment complex. I really don't think they'd like
my super rusty 1956 Olds 88 with no windshield, even though it starts
and drives!