Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Locating an Underground Sprinkler Valve

I have an underground sprinkler valve that no longer works and I am unable to locate it. Any ideas?

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...e-3102557-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/4/2021 6:31 PM, blusby wrote:
I have an underground sprinkler valve that no longer works and I am unable to locate it.Â* Any ideas?

A metal detector might work if the plastic valve has stainless steel hose clamps.

Shove a metal electrician's fish tape down the plastic sprinkler pipe and trace it with a metal detector?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, March 4, 2021 at 6:58:27 PM UTC-6, Hal Bundy wrote:
On 3/4/2021 6:31 PM, blusby wrote:
I have an underground sprinkler valve that no longer works and I am unable to locate it. Any ideas?

A metal detector might work if the plastic valve has stainless steel hose clamps.

Shove a metal electrician's fish tape down the plastic sprinkler pipe and trace it with a metal detector?

Some suggestions he
https://www.irrigationtutorials.com/finding-buried-pipes-wires-and-valves/
One suggestion was dousing. Some farmers I knew could do it for finding a place to dig an
irrigation well. It seemed to work but my area is over the Ogallala Aquifer. It could well have
been luck.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, March 4, 2021 at 6:31:05 PM UTC-5, blusby wrote:
I have an underground sprinkler valve that no longer works and I am unable to locate it. Any ideas?

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...e-3102557-.htm

An electrically operated valve? They have fox and hound signal tracers that you
could connect to the wire at the timer/controller and trace it. IDK how much a cheap
one is on Ebay, etc. Or you may be able to rent one. Or call some lawn sprinkler
guy and ask how much. It should be in a box with a cover and if you have an idea
where that is, then it's pretty easy to find without the above.