Posted to alt.home.repair
Corinne

Default Underground Sprinkler Shut-Off Valve

In order for me to turn my underground sprinkler on in the spring, and
off in the fall, I have to go underneath the crawl space of my house.

Would it be wise to have a plumber run a longer pipe underneath the
house, and outside, and install a turn-off valve on the outside of my house?

Then, it would be like a regular water faucet and I would simply turn it
off/on outside, rather than crawl underneath the house.

Right now it is not a big deal, but I am thinking in a few years I may
be too old to be crawing underneath the house for this task.

One major concern is the possibility of frozen pipes. Right now, I have
no worries.

Suggestions/thoughts please.

Thanks.

Corinne
Posted to alt.home.repair
Brian

I turn mine on/off with a standard outdoor faucet.

I would hate to get under the house to turn it on/off.

--

Brian Dye

http://tech-home.com