Posted to alt.home.repair

Default pink salt

The "salt" they've been using to keep ice off our sidewalks looks pink.

Does anyone know what it is?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, February 16, 2021 at 9:06:29 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:
The "salt" they've been using to keep ice off our sidewalks looks pink.

Does anyone know what it is?

Salt with dye in it, so they can tell where they've already salted.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/17/2021 03:10 AM, wrote:
On Tuesday, February 16, 2021 at 9:06:29 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:
The "salt" they've been using to keep ice off our sidewalks looks pink.

Does anyone know what it is?

Salt with dye in it, so they can tell where they've already salted.

Good. I was worried they were stealing my Himalayan pink salt when I
wasn't looking.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/17/2021 9:59 AM, rbowman wrote:
On 02/17/2021 03:10 AM, wrote:
On Tuesday, February 16, 2021 at 9:06:29 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:
The "salt" they've been using to keep ice off our sidewalks looks pink.

Does anyone know what it is?

Salt with dye in it, so they can tell where they've already salted.

Good. I was worried they were stealing my Himalayan pink salt when I
wasn't looking.

You were responding to dumb and dumber.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 17 Feb 2021 02:10:56 -0800 (PST),
" wrote:

On Tuesday, February 16, 2021 at 9:06:29 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:
The "salt" they've been using to keep ice off our sidewalks looks pink.

Does anyone know what it is?

Salt with dye in it, so they can tell where they've already salted.

Oh, good. It was scary. I had to wipe my feet off before I went
inside or got in the car.

I guess the difference is that this year they hired the company that
plows the streets to also shovel the sidewalk, so there is salt where
there never was salt before. It actually costs more to do the sidewalks
than the street. Not surprising but surprising the Board spent the
money. The pres said we are getting older, and that is true.

The community sidewalks but he actually went more than 1/3 of the way up
my personal sidewalk, even opening the gate to do it.

Cindy Hamilton

Supposed to snow here quite a bit on Thursday and Friday.

Posted to alt.home.repair

" wrote:

[...]

We don't have sidewalks where I live, but I had to remove 8+ inches of snow
from 100 feet of driveway yesterday. I was plumb tuckered out when I finished.
Afterward, the county pushed a bunch of their snow into my driveway, so I'll
have a little more to do. Luckily, it's warming up. Last night was our coldest
night this winter: -4 F. By Tuesday, we'll be about average for this time of year
with a daytime high of 39 F.

I suspect the snow we got Monday night is moving on to your area for Thursday/Friday.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, February 17, 2021 at 9:58:59 AM UTC-5, rbowman wrote:
On 02/17/2021 03:10 AM, wrote:
On Tuesday, February 16, 2021 at 9:06:29 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:
The "salt" they've been using to keep ice off our sidewalks looks pink.

Does anyone know what it is?

Salt with dye in it, so they can tell where they've already salted.

Good. I was worried they were stealing my Himalayan pink salt when I
wasn't looking.

You beat me to it, that's exactly what I was thinking.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/17/2021 03:10 AM, wrote:
On Tuesday, February 16, 2021 at 9:06:29 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:
The "salt" they've been using to keep ice off our sidewalks looks pink.

Does anyone know what it is?

Salt with dye in it, so they can tell where they've already salted.

Good. I was worried they were stealing my Himalayan pink salt when I
wasn't looking.

You beat me to it, that's exactly what I was thinking.

Before I posted, I googled and found that stuff, but it seemed too
expensive to do sidewalks with.

What is the point of that stuff?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/17/2021 03:10 AM, wrote:
On Tuesday, February 16, 2021 at 9:06:29 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:
The "salt" they've been using to keep ice off our sidewalks looks
pink.

Does anyone know what it is?

Salt with dye in it, so they can tell where they've already salted.
Good. I was worried they were stealing my Himalayan pink salt when I
wasn't looking.

You beat me to it, that's exactly what I was thinking.

Before I posted, I googled and found that stuff, but it seemed too
expensive to do sidewalks with.

What is the point of that stuff?

There isnt any, its just more mindless greeny ****.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 18 Feb 2021 10:03:44 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH senile troll****

cretin's pathological trolling:

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/17/2021 03:10 AM, wrote:
On Tuesday, February 16, 2021 at 9:06:29 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:
The "salt" they've been using to keep ice off our sidewalks looks pink.

Does anyone know what it is?

Salt with dye in it, so they can tell where they've already salted.

Good. I was worried they were stealing my Himalayan pink salt when I
wasn't looking.

You were responding to dumb and dumber.

I was responding to Cindy; I ignore the mouse.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/17/2021 03:10 AM, wrote:
On Tuesday, February 16, 2021 at 9:06:29 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:
The "salt" they've been using to keep ice off our sidewalks looks pink.

Does anyone know what it is?

Salt with dye in it, so they can tell where they've already salted.
Good. I was worried they were stealing my Himalayan pink salt when I
wasn't looking.

You beat me to it, that's exactly what I was thinking.

Before I posted, I googled and found that stuff, but it seemed too
expensive to do sidewalks with.

What is the point of that stuff?

It's just salt and not the the stuff Morton's adds to keep it flowing
etc. The grinder and extra bottle of salt at CostCo are bout $7 iirc
which lasts me a year or more. it has trace minerals and may taste a
little different.

As far as the supposed health benefits, it's salt. 2% of other minerals
doesn't mean much in the quantities I use salt.

Posted to alt.home.repair

" wrote:

[...]

We got a good 7 inches here with -20C (your -4F )ith 30km/h winds.
About 170 feet of sidewalk and 800? sq ft of driveway. The little
YT624 earns it's keep on days like that. Being on a corner I get a lot
of snow dropped in front by the plough. so I blow about 60 feet of the
street (over a foot deep - in places 2 -) to clear the storm drain and
make it possible to park on the street - not to mention to keep the
NEXT plough from putting it all into my driveway. Just about an hour
and over a gallon of gas.
Won't likely get above freezing for another week, and we are expecting
another 8-10 inches by then.
Posted to alt.home.repair

" wrote:

[...]

Our daughter is a couple hundred miles north of you (Grand Traverse
Co). We get cold just thinking about her weather.
Posted to alt.home.repair

" wrote:

[...]

I'll see if your name is on any of the flakes.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default lowbrowwoman, the Endlessly Driveling Senile Gossip

On Wed, 17 Feb 2021 20:39:56 -0700, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

You were responding to dumb and dumber.

I was responding to Cindy; I ignore the mouse.

Ah, come on! You will NEVER miss out on any occasion to babble away, the way
you love to hear yourself talking, senile bigmouth!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 17 Feb 2021 20:52:22 -0700, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

It's just salt and not the the stuff Morton's adds to keep it flowing
etc. The grinder and extra bottle of salt at CostCo are bout $7 iirc

Oh, no! Now he will babble about the cost of salt! ****ING STUPID senile
IDIOTS!
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Tuesday, February 16, 2021 at 9:06:29 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:
The "salt" they've been using to keep ice off our sidewalks looks pink.

Does anyone know what it is?

Salt with dye in it, so they can tell where they've already salted.

Over in Kansas, the pink 'road salt' is a mixture of beet juice with a
little bit of salt mixed in. They say beet juice works better than straight
salt and is easier on the underside of vehicles.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/17/2021 03:10 AM, wrote:
[...]

You have to watch what use on drive and walk. Sodium chloride is not
friendly to concrete but OK on drive. They may color calcium chloride
for walks to differentiate it.

Someone also gave us a pink table salt from some exotic region. Not for
melting snow unless you want to spend a bundle.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ralph Mowery writes:
In article ,
says...

Salt with dye in it, so they can tell where they've already salted.

Over in Kansas, the pink 'road salt' is a mixture of beet juice with a
little bit of salt mixed in. They say beet juice works better than straight
salt and is easier on the underside of vehicles.

That's interisting. I was just reading about the mowers and tractors
that put liquid in the tires for extra weight and traction. Beet juice
was mentioned.

Calcium carbonate is a common additive to tractor tires to prevent the
water from freezing in cold climes.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/19/2021 12:18 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
That's interisting. I was just reading about the mowers and tractors
that put liquid in the tires for extra weight and traction. Beet juice
was mentioned.

Beet juice would be good... I was out in the field with an elderly
Minneapolis-Moline puling a drag harrow to break up the horse manure
when I turned too tight and punctured a tire. The tire was filled with a
calcium chloride solution. I had to drive the tractor back to the barn
with the tire throwing a rooster tail of chloride on every rotation. The
stuff neither tastes or feels very nice.

That tractor was a piece of work. It had a fuel system problem so you
were in a cloud of gasoline fumes all the time. Good for a little buzz.
I don't know why it never caught fire.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/19/2021 12:29 PM, Frank wrote:

Someone also gave us a pink table salt from some exotic region.

Most of the pink salt comes from Pakistan. The pink color comes from
Taliban ****.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 19 Feb 2021 19:18:33 -0700, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

Most of the pink salt comes from Pakistan. The pink color comes from
Taliban ****.

Are you sure that YOU are not pink, senile gossip! I mean it's not at all
normal for a man to keep gossiping like you do, lowbrowwoman.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 19 Feb 2021 19:17:07 -0700, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

Beet juice would be good... I was out in the field with an elderly

Oh, now it's about beet juice! BRUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/20/2021 02:26 PM, Tekkie� wrote:

On Fri, 19 Feb 2021 19:18:33 -0700, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

On 02/19/2021 12:29 PM, Frank wrote:

Someone also gave us a pink table salt from some exotic region.

Most of the pink salt comes from Pakistan. The pink color comes from
Taliban ****.

UTI ?

Urinary tract infection? Possibly. I don't think the Taliban are really
involved but there is a very real ****ing contest about the salt.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt...ome-from-india

The Pakis are retaliating over India registering Basmati rice for
geographical indications.

Considering both are nuclear capable WWIII may start over salt and rice...

One thing is for sure; Himalayan pink salt isn't lovingly mined in the
Himalayas by Tibetan Buddhist monks and shipped out on yaks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/17/2021 03:10 AM, wrote:
On Tuesday, February 16, 2021 at 9:06:29 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:
The "salt" they've been using to keep ice off our sidewalks looks pink.

Does anyone know what it is?

Salt with dye in it, so they can tell where they've already salted.
Good. I was worried they were stealing my Himalayan pink salt when I
wasn't looking.

You beat me to it, that's exactly what I was thinking.

Before I posted, I googled and found that stuff, but it seemed too
expensive to do sidewalks with.

What is the point of that stuff?

Road crews use salt on roads and other surfaces in the winter Salt lowers the freezing point of water, which prevents ice from forming Salt loses its effectiveness once the temperature falls below 15 degrees In addition to clearing snow and ice from roads, plows also put down a lot of salt on roads and other surfaces this time of year.
Andy

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/17/2021 03:10 AM, wrote:
[...]

Generally the pink ice melter is a combination of magnesium chloride
and Calcium Chloride . It is effective to -25F and has a residual
effect (continues to keep ice from forming for some time) It is
generally made with Calcium Magnesium Acetate as an additive. It is
safe on concrete and is less corrosive than sodium chloride - and
actually inhibits corrosion caused by sodium.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 20 Feb 2021 18:39:20 -0700, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

Urinary tract infection? Possibly. I don't think the Taliban are really
involved but there is a very real ****ing contest about the salt.

BRILLIANT! As usual, you endlessly driveling asshole. LOL
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/19/2021 9:18 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 02/19/2021 12:29 PM, Frank wrote:

Someone also gave us a pink table salt from some exotic region.

Most of the pink salt comes from Pakistan. The pink color comes from
Taliban ****.

Looking at the salt is says, "Evolution Salt Co. Gourmet Pink Himalayan
Salt" contains no iodine or anti-caking agent.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/21/2021 05:06 AM, Frank wrote:

Looking at the salt is says, "Evolution Salt Co. Gourmet Pink Himalayan
Salt" contains no iodine or anti-caking agent.

Most table salt in the US has iodine added. Supposedly when it was
introduced it raised the median IQ mostly from bumping the low end of
the scale where nutritional deficiencies are more common.

Iodide is sprayed on the salt, dextrose is added to stabilize it, and
anti-caking agents are added so you salt shaker doesn't stop working.

People buying gourmet salt are seldom at risk of dietary deficiencies. I
eat enough fish, dairy, and eggs to meet my iodine requirements.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 21 Feb 2021 10:31:13 -0700, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

Most table salt in the US has iodine added.

So for how long will you go on about your "salt" topic, senile blabbermouth?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/17/2021 03:10 AM, wrote:
[...]

Thanks, but I meant what is the point of Himalayan pink salt.

Purest finest quality hand-mined Pink Salt on earth is mined from
deep under the pristine Himalayan Mountains formed in the Jurassic era.
Himalayan Pink Salt is the perfect addition to any meal like
seasoning Meats, Grilled Chicken, Fish, Ribs, Vegetables, Salads, Pasta,
Egg, soups, Drinks, Stews and is also a flavorful to use for Baking.
Himalayan Pink Salt has over 80+ trace minerals and electrolytes.
The darker the color the more minerals are in the salt so Wild Pink
truly is nature's way of replenishing your body!You can also use it to
create homemade body scrubs and bath soaks, and you may have seen or own
a Himalayan salt lamp made from pink Himalayan salt. Historically, the
people of the Himalayas have used this versatile salt to preserve meat
and fish.
Himalayan salt is well known for its amazing health benefits because
of minerals and trace elements essential to our health and wellbeing.
Himalayan Pink Salt has a Smooth, Unassuming Flavor, even more
subtle than high-quality Sea Salts. It is a must have staple in the
healthy kitchen. It is Non-GMO and does not contain any MSG, Soy,
Gluten, Dairy, or anti-caking agents.

$11 for two pounds. Does it make the food taste different from regular
salt?

Generally the pink ice melter is a combination of magnesium chloride
and Calcium Chloride . It is effective to -25F and has a residual
effect (continues to keep ice from forming for some time) It is
generally made with Calcium Magnesium Acetate as an additive. It is
safe on concrete and is less corrosive than sodium chloride - and
actually inhibits corrosion caused by sodium.

All the salt was gone today. I don't think it rained. But it was
above freezing and the snow had an almost invisible layer of ice, I
guess, on it, because when I stood on it, it held my weight without any
cracking at all.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/17/2021 03:10 AM, wrote:
[...]

Possibly. Someone with extremely sensitive taste buds might be
able to detect the minerals. (I can taste the iodide in regular table
salt, but only to the extent that un-iodized salt tastes a little flat.)

Mostly it's a function of grain size and shape. Coarse salt provides
a burst of saltiness as you crunch on a crystal.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 20 Feb 2021 18:39:20 -0700, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

On 02/20/2021 02:26 PM, Tekkie? wrote:

On Fri, 19 Feb 2021 19:18:33 -0700, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

On 02/19/2021 12:29 PM, Frank wrote:

Someone also gave us a pink table salt from some exotic region.

Most of the pink salt comes from Pakistan. The pink color comes from
Taliban ****.

UTI ?

Urinary tract infection? Possibly. I don't think the Taliban are really
involved but there is a very real ****ing contest about the salt.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt...ome-from-india

The Pakis are retaliating over India registering Basmati rice for
geographical indications.

Considering both are nuclear capable WWIII may start over salt and rice...

One thing is for sure; Himalayan pink salt isn't lovingly mined in the
Himalayas by Tibetan Buddhist monks and shipped out on yaks.

It isn't? You shattered one of my long held beliefs! 8-(

--
Tekkie