Posted to alt.home.repair

Default The Facts that Dems Didn't Want to Come Out and Why They Caved onWitnesses in Impeachment Trial

The Facts that Dems Didn't Want to Come Out and Why They Caved on Witnesses in Impeachment Trial

https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2021...326732-n326732

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, February 15, 2021 at 6:07:29 AM UTC-5, jimmy wrote:
The Facts that Dems Didn't Want to Come Out and Why They Caved on Witnesses in Impeachment Trial

https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2021...326732-n326732

Just the typical BS. They didn't call witnesses because they got the Republicans to
agree to enter some of the relevant statements without taking testimony. The
Republicans threatened to call 200 witnesses, to extend the trial for months.
The overwhelming case against Trump was made, everyone knew that like Trump
said, he could shoot someone on Fifth Ave and his supporters would let him get
away with it. I saw that as Trump saying he knows how stupid you all are.

I'll bet you didn't even watch any of the actual trial, instead you get your pre-digested
BS from sources like the above. I watched some of it. One of my favorite parts
was when Collins and Murkowski asked Trump's lawyers to tell us when exactly
Trump first learned of the attack and what he did in the hours that followed and
to be as specific as possible. Trump's lawyer's answer was that the House should
have investigated all that, it's their fault we don't know. That says it all. If Trump
had a story that showed he did anything to try to stop it, the lawyer would have
given an actual answer to the question. In fact, with the Capitol under attack,
when Tommy T and McCarthy called begging for Trump to call it off, Trump told
them that the insurrectionists are more concerned with the lost election than
they are.

But heh, keep following Trump down the toilet, we'll see how that goes for the
GOP.