Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default how much more should I keep rewashing this blanket!

Ok, pretty new to washing blankets in general, but finally got a dryer a
while back that can dry on low heat, which seems to be a requirement for
many blankets, especially down. Today, I'm trying to wash and dry an
older blanket I found in a storage bin. It's a comforter, but not down
and I suspect either poly or cotton filling. I've washed it twice in
the washer so far and still the wash water is brown. Could it be that
dirty, should I yet wash it again, or is something coming out of the
blanket? It is blue in color. I've been using gentle cycle and a
gentle detergent, no fabric softener. Thanks!