Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default how much more should I keep rewashing this blanket! UPDATE

On 1/4/2021 8:30 AM, Witherspoon wrote:
A quick update on this comforter.Â* After thoroughly drying it last
night, I was going to try it out on the bed, but it still had a smell so
decided to try a vinegar, baking soda, soap soak in the sink overnight.
Today, still some brown residue so drained, filled and did several hand
washes and rinses.Â* No matter how many times rinsed, still some brown
residue.Â* It looks like small particles in the water each time.Â* Only
guess I can make is that something in the comforter is dissolving each
time it is washed.Â* Maybe the dissolving started when it was in the bin
in outdoor protected storage so long.Â* Anyway, trashed it after 6 or so
times trying to wash in the sink.Â* Time to get a new one.

Did you cut it open to see what is inside? We want to know.