Posted to alt.home.repair

Default greenworks 40v pole hedge trimmer

Not a political post so it will be boring....

--------------

I have these tall hedges around the perimeter of my yard that have to
be trimmed down every year. I stand on a ladder and try to keep them
at the 8-9 foot level. For this I have a Greenworks G-Max 40v pole
hedge trimmer purchased a few years ago. Yesterday the trimmer just
stopped even though the battery still showed two bars. I charged it
anyway but it still would not start no matter what I did.

This morning I called the company to inquire about it. I didn't have
the receipt so they went by the date of manufacture -- 10/17/2016.
Their warranty is 4 years. I was out of luck according to the
representative. I congratulated them on building the item perfectly to
fail immediately after the warranty.

Later I asked my wife where she ordered the trimmer and she told me
Amazon so I looked up our purchase history and found it had been
ordered 03/28/2017 -- still within warranty! I called Greenworks back
and talked to a new representative. They asked for an electronic
receipt of the purchase which I sent by email. A few minutes later
they came back and told me they are sending a new 40v model with
battery and to discard the broken one. I was given an order number and
ETA.

Keep your receipts! I usually scan them and put them in electronic
folder so I don't have to keep paper receipts. I didn't do that four
years ago but fortunately Amazon did.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/29/2020 12:01 PM, badgolferman wrote:
Greenworks G-Max 40v pole
hedge trimmer

I was curious and looked up this trimmer. I could have used something
like that. It looks like you lucked out as it states only a 3 year
warranty.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Frank wrote:

On 10/29/2020 12:01 PM, badgolferman wrote:
Greenworks G-Max 40v pole
hedge trimmer

I was curious and looked up this trimmer. I could have used
something like that. It looks like you lucked out as it states only
a 3 year warranty.

Well, the manual clearly states a 4 year warranty. Maybe they changed
it to a 3 year warranty for the newer models since they were having
failures like I did.

At around $130 it's still worth it if you have tall and deep bushes to
trim. It extends and extra foot or so. I put a hose clamp on the
safety switch which is higher up on the shaft so I can run it by only
using the trigger. That effectively makes the pole trimmer longer.