Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Are there empty caulking cartridges out there?

I have a need to use wax as a caulk. Is there a caulking gun or tube or
cartridge out there that is fillable with the substance of your choice?

I am planning on stuffing it with toilet ring wax... is there a softer
wax that would be easier to load and squeeze?

Idealy, is there a pure wax caulk in a tube out there?

thanks
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 25 Oct 2020 17:23:45 -0400, Jess Fertudei
wrote:

I have a need to use wax as a caulk. Is there a caulking gun or tube or
cartridge out there that is fillable with the substance of your choice?

I am planning on stuffing it with toilet ring wax... is there a softer
wax that would be easier to load and squeeze?

Idealy, is there a pure wax caulk in a tube out there?

I'd look into whether they make a suitable caulking product for use in a
sausage caulking gun.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/JES-20-oz-12-1-Sausage-and-Bulk-Caulk-Gun-SD12-20/305860777

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/25/2020 03:23 PM, Jess Fertudei wrote:
I have a need to use wax as a caulk. Is there a caulking gun or tube or
cartridge out there that is fillable with the substance of your choice?

https://www.amazon.com/refillable-ca...king+cartridge

That lists cartridges and also some bulk loading guns. Some idea of your
application would be good. I've used toilet ring wax (which isn't
beeswax anymore) to make wax bullets but I melted it in a mixture with
paraffin. It didn't seem like anything you coulld squeeze out of a
caulking gun.
Posted to alt.home.repair

rbowman wrote on 10/25/2020 :
On 10/25/2020 03:23 PM, Jess Fertudei wrote:
I have a need to use wax as a caulk. Is there a caulking gun or tube or
cartridge out there that is fillable with the substance of your choice?

https://www.amazon.com/refillable-ca...king+cartridge

That lists cartridges and also some bulk loading guns. Some idea of your
application would be good. I've used toilet ring wax (which isn't beeswax
anymore) to make wax bullets but I melted it in a mixture with paraffin. It
didn't seem like anything you coulld squeeze out of a caulking gun.

So, I have now ordered the refillable tubes and a high thrust 26 to 1
Red Devil gun that I hope really is better than my conventional guns.
What I need now, is a bulk wax that is fairly soft... toilet ring is
what I would use if trowelling it in but that's not what I am shooting
for. Squeezeable is what I am hoping for.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/25/2020 08:18 PM, Jess Fertudei wrote:
rbowman wrote on 10/25/2020 :
[...]

True beeswax is pretty expensive but can be cut with turpentine. The
expense is why the toilet bowl rings are proprietary blends of petroleum
and/or vegetable waxes, possibly with other compounds. They're cheap
enough that you could experiment with solvents to see if you can get a
softer version.

There are squeezable waxes for furniture finishing but they're pricey
too. It all depends on how much you need for your project.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I have a need to use wax as a caulk. Is there a caulking gun or tube or
cartridge out there that is fillable with the substance of your choice?

I am planning on stuffing it with toilet ring wax... is there a softer
wax that would be easier to load and squeeze?

Idealy, is there a pure wax caulk in a tube out there?

I'd look into whether they make a suitable caulking product for use in a
sausage caulking gun.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/JES-20-oz-12-1-Sausage-and-Bulk-Caulk-Gun-SD12-20/305860777

This may a better url:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/JES-20-oz-12-1-Sausage-and-Bulk-Caulk-Gun-SD12-20/305860777?MERCH=REC-_-searchViewed-_-306888106;310472042;310472045;-_-305860777-_-N

Well it looks very similar, except the 2nd half which looks very
strange, but when I tried yours I only got gun accessories.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Sun, 25 Oct 2020 22:18:31 -0400, Jess Fertudei
wrote:

rbowman wrote on 10/25/2020 :
On 10/25/2020 03:23 PM, Jess Fertudei wrote:
I have a need to use wax as a caulk. Is there a caulking gun or tube or
cartridge out there that is fillable with the substance of your choice?

https://www.amazon.com/refillable-ca...king+cartridge

That lists cartridges and also some bulk loading guns. Some idea of your
application would be good. I've used toilet ring wax (which isn't beeswax
anymore) to make wax bullets but I melted it in a mixture with paraffin. It
didn't seem like anything you coulld squeeze out of a caulking gun.

So, I have now ordered the refillable tubes and a high thrust 26 to 1
Red Devil gun that I hope really is better than my conventional guns.
What I need now, is a bulk wax that is fairly soft... toilet ring is
what I would use if trowelling it in but that's not what I am shooting
for. Squeezeable is what I am hoping for.

I'm assuming your not trying to make toilet rings. It woudl help to
know what you are trying to do.

You might have to warm the wax, but I don't khow how much. You can
probably warm it while it is in the gun, at least if you get the water
to about the temp you want the wax.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I have a need to use wax as a caulk. Is there a caulking gun or tube or
cartridge out there that is fillable with the substance of your choice?

I am planning on stuffing it with toilet ring wax... is there a softer
wax that would be easier to load and squeeze?

Idealy, is there a pure wax caulk in a tube out there?

I'd look into whether they make a suitable caulking product for use in a
sausage caulking gun.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/JES-20-oz-12-1-Sausage-and-Bulk-Caulk-Gun-SD12-20/305860777

This may a better url:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/JES-20-oz-12-1-Sausage-and-Bulk-Caulk-Gun-SD12-20/305860777?MERCH=REC-_-searchViewed-_-306888106;310472042;310472045;-_-305860777-_-N

Well it looks very similar, except the 2nd half which looks very
strange, but when I tried yours I only got gun accessories.

Both links go to the same exact page for me.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Temporarily I was using Edge. I can't find a location bar, only a
search bar. I'm going back to FF tomorrow.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 25 Oct 2020 17:23:45 -0400, Jess Fertudei posted for all of us to
digest...

I have a need to use wax as a caulk. Is there a caulking gun or tube or
cartridge out there that is fillable with the substance of your choice?

I am planning on stuffing it with toilet ring wax... is there a softer
wax that would be easier to load and squeeze?

Idealy, is there a pure wax caulk in a tube out there?

thanks

The other posts were great. We might be able to help you better if we knew what
you were trying to accomplish. Just say'n.

Let us know how it turns out.

--
Tekkie