Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Shop Vac losing suction

On Tuesday, May 19, 2015 at 10:44:05 PM UTC-4, Joypebble wrote:
replying to Oren, Joypebble wrote:
Oren wrote:

On 5 Oct 2006 06:40:41 -0700, "Ether Jones"
Vacuuming a cotton painter's cloth once? Who did It?
Cotton cloth and debris clogged my vac up -- stop and clear.
--
Oren
"Well, it doesn't happen all the time, but when it happens, it happens

After two days of troubleshooting and replacing bags, filters and foam
shrouds, I finally checked the hose input connection hole (without the
hose in it) and guess what? It almost sucked off my finger prints! Yup, it
was the hose clog all this time. A few long pokes and shakes and it was
all clean and I could pick up marbles from sic inches away!
*
*Why is it always the very last (and simplest) thing that you try?**

---joypebble

--

And THIS is why the internet was created. Not able to fix my vacuum, I came here. Lo and behold! I also had a hose clog :-D