Posted to alt.home.repair

Default NiMH batteries

I have batteries and charger maybe 10 years old that were seldom used.
Charged them up the other day for a TV remote and one went dead in a
couple of days and others only lasted a couple of weeks.

I'm reading they may have finite lifetimes. Will I be wasting time
trying to rejuvenate them?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 16/10/2020 19:03, Frank wrote:
I have batteries and charger maybe 10 years old that were seldom used.
Charged them up the other day for a TV remote and one went dead in a
couple of days and others only lasted a couple of weeks.

I'm reading they may have finite lifetimes.Â* Will I be wasting time
trying to rejuvenate them?
I don't know if this helps, Frank:

approximately two to three years
Generally, NiMH batteries that are properly cared for (charged and used
often, stored in a cool, dry place, and not dropped) will last for 500 €“
1000 charges or approximately two to three years. Remember, the more you
use and charge NiMH, the longer they will last.

www.thomasdistributing.com ۼ Battery-and-Charger-FAQ.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 16/10/2020 19:24, Bod wrote:
On 16/10/2020 19:03, Frank wrote:
I have batteries and charger maybe 10 years old that were seldom used.
Charged them up the other day for a TV remote and one went dead in a
couple of days and others only lasted a couple of weeks.

I'm reading they may have finite lifetimes.Â* Will I be wasting time
trying to rejuvenate them?
I don't know if this helps, Frank:

approximately two to three years
Generally, NiMH batteries that are properly cared for (charged and used
often, stored in a cool, dry place, and not dropped) will last for 500 €“
1000 charges or approximately two to three years. Remember, the more you
use and charge NiMH, the longer they will last.

www.thomasdistributing.com ۼ Battery-and-Charger-FAQ.

Q&A:

https://www.thomasdistributing.com/B...%20will%20last.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/16/2020 2:25 PM, Bod wrote:
On 16/10/2020 19:24, Bod wrote:
On 16/10/2020 19:03, Frank wrote:
I have batteries and charger maybe 10 years old that were seldom used.
Charged them up the other day for a TV remote and one went dead in a
couple of days and others only lasted a couple of weeks.

I'm reading they may have finite lifetimes.Â* Will I be wasting time
trying to rejuvenate them?

Â* I don't know if this helps, Frank:

approximately two to three years
Generally, NiMH batteries that are properly cared for (charged and
used often, stored in a cool, dry place, and not dropped) will last
for 500 €“ 1000 charges or approximately two to three years. Remember,
the more you use and charge NiMH, the longer they will last.

www.thomasdistributing.com ۼ Battery-and-Charger-FAQ.

Q&A:

https://www.thomasdistributing.com/B...%20will%20last.

Kind of stuff I saw on googling. Probably beating a dead horse with
these batteries and wonder if new generation of NiMH are any better.
Don't mind tossing the batteries but hate to also have to toss the charger.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/16/20 2:03 PM, Frank wrote:
On 10/16/2020 2:25 PM, Bod wrote:
On 16/10/2020 19:24, Bod wrote:
On 16/10/2020 19:03, Frank wrote:
I have batteries and charger maybe 10 years old that were seldom used.
Charged them up the other day for a TV remote and one went dead in a
couple of days and others only lasted a couple of weeks.

I'm reading they may have finite lifetimes.Â* Will I be wasting time
trying to rejuvenate them?
Â* I don't know if this helps, Frank:

approximately two to three years
Generally, NiMH batteries that are properly cared for (charged and
used often, stored in a cool, dry place, and not dropped) will last
for 500 €“ 1000 charges or approximately two to three years. Remember,
the more you use and charge NiMH, the longer they will last.

www.thomasdistributing.com ۼ Battery-and-Charger-FAQ.

Â*
Q&A:

https://www.thomasdistributing.com/B...%20will%20last.

Kind of stuff I saw on googling.Â* Probably beating a dead horse with
these batteries and wonder if new generation of NiMH are any better.
Don't mind tossing the batteries but hate to also have to toss the charger.

What's special about these batteries?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 16/10/2020 20:03, Frank wrote:
On 10/16/2020 2:25 PM, Bod wrote:
On 16/10/2020 19:24, Bod wrote:
[...]

From my experience, NMH don't like being flat for too long.
Anyway, I use bog standard non rechargeable batteries in remote
controls. They seem to last for years. I keep a stock of AA & AAA.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/16/2020 2:25 PM, Bod wrote:
On 16/10/2020 19:24, Bod wrote:
[...]

From my experience, NMH don't like being flat for too long.
Anyway, I use bog standard non rechargeable batteries in remote
controls. They seem to last for years. I keep a stock of AA & AAA.

I mark my wall cale
/nder to remi / s Inde to charge devices.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/16/2020 2:25 PM, Bod wrote:
On 16/10/2020 19:24, Bod wrote:
[...]

From my experience, NMH don't like being flat for too long.
Anyway, I use bog standard non rechargeable batteries in remote
controls. They seem to last for years. I keep a stock of AA & AAA.

I mark my wall cale
/nder to remi / s Inde to charge devices.-i

I mark my wall calanda tofucck g;his rétypeo[ reminde guud sdoke

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/16/2020 3:17 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 10/16/20 2:03 PM, Frank wrote:
On 10/16/2020 2:25 PM, Bod wrote:
On 16/10/2020 19:24, Bod wrote:
[...]

Â*Â*Â*Â* What's special about these batteries?

Can be recharged over a thousand times. They do lose about 2% charge
each month just sitting around. Lithium ion are better but cost more
and voltage is higher than you would want in the AA batteries in my remote.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/16/2020 2:25 PM, Bod wrote:
On 16/10/2020 19:24, Bod wrote:
[...]

From my experience, NMH don't like being flat for too long.
Anyway, I use bog standard non rechargeable batteries in remote
controls. They seem to last for years. I keep a stock of AA & AAA.

With the remote I'm using batteries might last 4 months. Voice
recognition on the remote is disabled before the batteries give out.
Buttons on the remote also light up even on picking it up.

We also keep stocks of all kinds of non-rechargeable batteries.

NiMH batteries John Rouse UK diy 2 May 3rd 04 06:56 PM
Charging NimH batteries while in a device. Fritz Electronics 2 February 13th 04 11:23 PM
NICD vs NIMH batteries [email protected] UK diy 12 January 28th 04 01:09 PM
Best way to store NIMH and Lion batteries? [email protected] Electronics Repair 3 November 11th 03 11:46 AM
WTD: Source of cheap NiMH batteries Jason Arthurs UK diy 6 September 1st 03 03:50 PM