Posted to alt.home.repair
Bod[_3_] Bod[_3_] is offline

Default NiMH batteries

On 16/10/2020 20:03, Frank wrote:
On 10/16/2020 2:25 PM, Bod wrote:
On 16/10/2020 19:24, Bod wrote:
On 16/10/2020 19:03, Frank wrote:
I have batteries and charger maybe 10 years old that were seldom used.
Charged them up the other day for a TV remote and one went dead in a
couple of days and others only lasted a couple of weeks.

I'm reading they may have finite lifetimes.Â* Will I be wasting time
trying to rejuvenate them?
Â* I don't know if this helps, Frank:

approximately two to three years
Generally, NiMH batteries that are properly cared for (charged and
used often, stored in a cool, dry place, and not dropped) will last
for 500 €“ 1000 charges or approximately two to three years. Remember,
the more you use and charge NiMH, the longer they will last.

www.thomasdistributing.com ۼ Battery-and-Charger-FAQ.

Â*
Q&A:

https://www.thomasdistributing.com/B...%20will%20last.

Kind of stuff I saw on googling.Â* Probably beating a dead horse with
these batteries and wonder if new generation of NiMH are any better.
Don't mind tossing the batteries but hate to also have to toss the charger.

From my experience, NMH don't like being flat for too long.
Anyway, I use bog standard non rechargeable batteries in remote
controls. They seem to last for years. I keep a stock of AA & AAA.