Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default Royal Mail going overboard with face masks

On Tue, 08 Sep 2020 14:17:22 +0100, Dan Espen wrote:

Max Demian writes:

On 08/09/2020 08:12, Chris Green wrote:
Commander Kinsey wrote:

If we look at the US and the increased death rates, our estimates
here are quite low. To make things even worse, we have no idea the
long term impacts. Take chicken pox... you get it as a kid and get
over it. No big deal for most. Then you get older and it comes
back as shingles.

Virtually nobody gets that. I've known of one person in my 45
years.

On the other hand my wife has had Chicken Pox several times. Each
time the doctor says "well it couldn't have been Chicken Pox the
previous time". Well, eventually the doctor decided that for some
reason my wife's immune system just didn't work too well with Chicken
Pox. It's never been serious though and she doesn't have any other
significant health issues.

You can have shingles as it's a kind of return of chickenpox. I had it
at 12. My GP is now bombarding me with texts to give me a shingles
vaccination, but I don't see how that is going to work, or why it's
necessary. They are also sending me loads of texts about pneumococcus
vaccinations and blood pressure tests. No doubt they'll be starting on
'flu vaccinations in the coming months. I suppose sending texts
automatically is a cheap and easy thing to do.

Your odds of getting Shingles is 1 in 3.

Bull****. I know 1 person who got it. And I know more than 3 people.

The vaccine is a weakened
strain of the virus which stimulates the immune system but does not
cause disease.

But you already have the chicken pox virus in you!

Shingles is pretty nasty, you really don't want it.

It's not that bad, the woman I know that got it just lay in bed for a week. Very very occasionally it can go right round your arm then your arm falls off apparently.
Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Commander Kinsey wrote:

[...]

Haha! :-) You crease me up! You really do! :-D

Great stuff, Commander.
Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Commander Kinsey wrote:

[...]

None of what I said was in jest. That really does happen.
Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default Troll-feeding Senile ASSHOLE Alert!

On Tue, 8 Sep 2020 23:48:31 +0100, David_Braindead blathered:

Haha! :-) You crease me up! You really do! :-D

Great stuff, Commander.

All you senile twits STILL don't understand what's wrong with him? Eh? VBG
Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Commander Kinsey wrote:

[...]

Hmmm. Please direct me to evidence confirming that what you say is a
fact. TIA.

Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default Troll-feeding Senile CRETIN Alert!

On Wed, 9 Sep 2020 12:12:41 +0100, David_Braindead, the notorious,
troll-feeding, senile asshole, blathered again:

Hmmm. Please direct me to evidence confirming that what you say is a
fact. TIA.

He will be very much obliged to keep baiting you, you dumb senile piece of
****! tsk
Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Commander Kinsey wrote:

[...]

I'm not sure if the person I know who got shingles is still around. She was my primary school headmistress. She was warned by doctors not to let let it get right round her arm, as circulation would be lost and then the arm.