Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Fixing a sillcock ...

I have a sillcock that is leaking. looked up the manufacture (Nibco), they provided a listing of all outdated sillcocks that they use to manufacture, but are now discontinued. You can view some images he https://ibb.co/PwL8LCN

Its a frost proof version that has the working valve ~12" back in the house, but it looks like it leaking around the hand-wheel.

Can find a repair kit and just replace some gaskets or do I need to replace the whole unit. If I do need a full replacement, the basement has a finished w/drywall ceiling. Do I need to cut a whole in the ceiling to get to the connection ? or can the whole unit be changed from the outside ?

You can see the historical document he http://www.nibco.com/WorkArea/Downlo...t.aspx?id=7414

Scroll down the version w/Tulip handle.

Any help is appreciated.
Thank you.