Posted to alt.home.repair

Default ponds

Interesting lesson that 4 of my neighbors have learned about ponds.

Right now the last one remaining is being filled in.

Original home owners thought they could take advantage of the stream
going through their properties and excavate to have a pond.

The lesson is that in a hard rain, sediment enters the stream and when
it hits the pond and slows down it deposits the sediment to eventually
fill the pond and cause a mess.

We thought the last pond might survive as water was diverted from the
side to it but did not run through it like the others. Right now being
filled in I can see it is also full of silt and owner is bringing in
truck loads of dirt to completely fill it in.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/28/2020 7:39 AM, Frank wrote:
Interesting lesson that 4 of my neighbors have learned about ponds.

Right now the last one remaining is being filled in.

Original home owners thought they could take advantage of the stream
going through their properties and excavate to have a pond.

The lesson is that in a hard rain, sediment enters the stream and when
it hits the pond and slows down it deposits the sediment to eventually
fill the pond and cause a mess.

We thought the last pond might survive as water was diverted from the
side to it but did not run through it like the others.* Right now being
filled in I can see it is also full of silt and owner is bringing in
truck loads of dirt to completely fill it in.

You should've stayed in school a tad longer, you illiterate sop.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/28/2020 08:39 AM, Frank wrote:
Interesting lesson that 4 of my neighbors have learned about ponds.

Right now the last one remaining is being filled in.

Original home owners thought they could take advantage of the stream
going through their properties and excavate to have a pond.

The lesson is that in a hard rain, sediment enters the stream and when
it hits the pond and slows down it deposits the sediment to eventually
fill the pond and cause a mess.

We thought the last pond might survive as water was diverted from the
side to it but did not run through it like the others. Right now being
filled in I can see it is also full of silt and owner is bringing in
truck loads of dirt to completely fill it in.

http://www.countrysideinfo.co.uk/successn/hydro.htm

They can do a science experiment. When I was working on a Forest Service
nature trail one of the stops was to show succession. The pond was well
on its way but the bored fire crews fixed that up with the suitable
application of fire line explosives.

It was a slow fire season and they liked things that go bang. You can
create an instant mountain bike trail with FLE.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/28/2020 10:55 AM, rbowman wrote:
[...]

The progression their ponds were following. One neighbor with the
biggest pond had it re dug when it silted in. The current owner has a
silted mess. The guy with the smallest pond was out their shoveling in
his bathing suit after every hard rain.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/28/2020 10:55 AM, Avila Kap wrote:
On 8/28/2020 7:39 AM, Frank wrote:
Interesting lesson that 4 of my neighbors have learned about ponds.

Right now the last one remaining is being filled in.

Original home owners thought they could take advantage of the stream
going through their properties and excavate to have a pond.

The lesson is that in a hard rain, sediment enters the stream and when
it hits the pond and slows down it deposits the sediment to eventually
fill the pond and cause a mess.

We thought the last pond might survive as water was diverted from the
side to it but did not run through it like the others.* Right now
being filled in I can see it is also full of silt and owner is
bringing in truck loads of dirt to completely fill it in.

You should've stayed in school a tad longer, you illiterate sop.

The appellation, sop, discloses your heritage. You need to know that
today American English is the lingua franca.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default lowbrowwoman, Birdbrain's eternal senile whore!

On Fri, 28 Aug 2020 08:55:21 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

http://www.countrysideinfo.co.uk/successn/hydro.htm

They can do a science experiment. When I was working on a Forest Service

Oh, no! Not yet more of your endless senile blather! tsk