Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Ring Around the Toilet

If you don't scrub/disinfect the toilet bowl often enough, a dark ring-
bacteria, I assume- forms right around the top of the waterline.

Why there?

--
We've created a generation that is incapable of dealing with the
existence of a dissenting opinion
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/28/2020 7:22 AM, Wade Garrett wrote:
If you don't scrub/disinfect the toilet bowl often enough, a dark ring-
bacteria, I assume- forms right around the top of the waterline.

Why there?

Can you speak English, you retarded dupe?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/28/2020 10:22 AM, Wade Garrett wrote:
If you don't scrub/disinfect the toilet bowl often enough, a dark ring-
bacteria, I assume- forms right around the top of the waterline.

Why there?

Minerals in the water will accumulate there as it is the shallowest
portion. Could be some bacteria also. I imagine there is some
explainable action of the water action and how it is fed too.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Wade Garrett writes:
If you don't scrub/disinfect the toilet bowl often enough, a dark ring-
bacteria, I assume- forms right around the top of the waterline.

As the water in the bowl evaporates, it leaves behind minerals. Some
minerals are conducive to bacterial growth.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 28 Aug 2020 11:28:48 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 8/28/2020 10:22 AM, Wade Garrett wrote:
If you don't scrub/disinfect the toilet bowl often enough, a dark ring-
bacteria, I assume- forms right around the top of the waterline.

Why there?

Minerals in the water will accumulate there as it is the shallowest
portion. Could be some bacteria also. I imagine there is some
explainable action of the water action and how it is fed too.

Right. The "evaporative edge" of the pond. The crusty build-up creates a zone of easy
attachment, and ease of access to both water and air for opportunistic microbes. If there is
iron coming into the bowl from your pipes, the build-up is sure to take on the color of rust
(and possible kill some of the microbes).

--
croy

Ring Around the Toilet Wade Garrett Home Repair 14 June 3rd 17 01:42 AM
toilet, toilet, TOILET!!!!! Bill Baxter Home Repair 6 March 12th 16 10:52 PM
Ring ring Roland Perry UK diy 39 November 12th 13 02:34 PM
Adding sockets to ring main/add another ring Bill Payer[_2_] UK diy 33 October 20th 09 09:33 PM
When is a ring circuit not a ring circuit? Fitz UK diy 4 July 27th 04 11:53 PM