Posted to alt.home.repair

Default range fan hook up red, black, white wires

On Thursday, March 18, 2004 at 11:43:18 AM UTC-7, SofaKing wrote:
I'm salvaging an old range hood to use as a fume ventilator. The fan blower
motor has four wires one white, black, red and a ground wire. Resistance
between the white and red is ~15 ohms, between the white and black is ~ 10
ohms, between the red and black is ~ 5 ohms. Which is/are hot and which is
neutral? Is it two speed because of the extra wire? Thx.

thanks for your clear answer!
I appreciate it!
take care,
Emrick