Posted to alt.home.repair

Default toilet flap chain

Hi
My toilet was leaking and I replaced the flap (fluch actuator) with a new one (Flush actuator #5 from Moen) and everything is ok but one thing I could not figure it out is how to attach the chain to the handle! I watch many youtube videos but no one talked about that. I forgot how the old one was attached to the handle. The new flap comes with a hook (see picture) and I do not know to use it. Anyway I am attaching pictures and you can see the second picture, I tried forceful to inset the chain in the space (slot) in the handle but it looks odd. Any hint/help would be very much appreciate it or if you know a video showing how to do that. Thank you so much.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1U6K...ew?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Qsv...ew?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ugb...ew?usp=sharing
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 8 Aug 2020 15:09:00 -0700 (PDT), leza wang
wrote:

Hi
My toilet was leaking and I replaced the flap (fluch actuator) with a new one (Flush actuator #5 from Moen) and everything is ok but one thing I could not figure it out is how to attach the chain to the handle! I watch many youtube videos but no one talked about that. I forgot how the old one was attached to the handle.

Do you have another toiliet you can look at.

The new flap comes with a hook (see picture) and I do not know to use it. A

Me neither.

Ayway I am attaching pictures and you can see the second picture, I tried forceful to inset the chain in the space (slot) in the handle but it looks odd. Any hint/help would be very much appreciate it or if you know a video showing how to do that. Thank you so much.

You may have tho change the chain length once or twice, and also where
on the rod it attaches, so don't attach it too firmly until you're
satisfied.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1U6K...ew?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Qsv...ew?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ugb...ew?usp=sharing

That's not the kind of hook I've seen. You can make your own hook,
with a safey pin or bobby pin. Or just the plastic tie from a loaf of
bread.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/08/2020 04:09 PM, leza wang wrote:
My toilet was leaking and I replaced the flap (fluch actuator) with a new one (Flush actuator #5 from Moen) and everything is ok but one thing I could not figure it out is how to attach the chain to the handle! I watch many youtube videos but no one talked about that. I forgot how the old one was attached to the handle. The new flap comes with a hook (see picture) and I do not know to use it. Anyway I am attaching pictures and you can see the second picture, I tried forceful to inset the chain in the space (slot) in the handle but it looks odd. Any hint/help would be very much appreciate it or if you know a video showing how to do that. Thank you so much.

if you insert the clip through the slot with the open side up does it
fit? I am guessing the closed side protrudes from the bottom of the
lever, with the bead chain threaded through it. The length would be
adjusted by pushing the chain into the narrow U portion between two
adjacent beads.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default lowbrowwoman, Birdbrain's eternal senile whore!

On Sat, 8 Aug 2020 21:02:14 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

if you insert the clip through the slot with the open side up does it
fit? I am guessing the closed side protrudes from the bottom of the
lever, with the bead chain threaded through it. The length would be
adjusted by pushing the chain into the narrow U portion between two
adjacent beads.

Hey, that was on topic! Are you sick or what?