Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default toilet flap chain

On 08/08/2020 04:09 PM, leza wang wrote:
My toilet was leaking and I replaced the flap (fluch actuator) with a new one (Flush actuator #5 from Moen) and everything is ok but one thing I could not figure it out is how to attach the chain to the handle! I watch many youtube videos but no one talked about that. I forgot how the old one was attached to the handle. The new flap comes with a hook (see picture) and I do not know to use it. Anyway I am attaching pictures and you can see the second picture, I tried forceful to inset the chain in the space (slot) in the handle but it looks odd. Any hint/help would be very much appreciate it or if you know a video showing how to do that. Thank you so much.

if you insert the clip through the slot with the open side up does it
fit? I am guessing the closed side protrudes from the bottom of the
lever, with the bead chain threaded through it. The length would be
adjusted by pushing the chain into the narrow U portion between two
adjacent beads.